Inside/outside, Decks 3/4 or 8/9

Thomson majesty, July.

The cabin option for all 4 in one cabin has now gone. There is still an option, strangely the same price, for 2 cabins now. Disappointed, but it is late booking suppose.

Now there's an option of an inside or an outside for the same price basically, so which should I go for?

Also for not much more, think about £50 there is option of decks 3/4 or decks 8/9? Having never been on a cruise can someone recommend please.

Also as booking online, there doesn't seem an option, to get the cabins together. Is this possible? Suppose will cost? What are the chances of getting them together? I'd prefer obviously, as imagine this ship is massive and so to go between the rooms might take ages.

How would we communicate between rooms also? Is there a free telephone service? Mobiles would be costly if they would work at all?

I would always go for outside instead of inside if the price is the same (or even close). The higher decks (8/9) are always considered better and normally priced higher, but can feel worse in rough weather. Look at the deck plans for location. The high decks can also have cabins with the views obstructed by the lifeboats.

Booking online you can only choose a category of cabin, not location. Once a booking is made you can phone up and for a fee (£42? per cabin) can get a specific cabin, at which point you can make them adjacent assuming there are suitable cabins. Otherwise the cabin is allocated by Thomson and will probably be separate.

There are phones in the cabins for interanl calls, you really don't want to pay for mobile phone calls at sea.

I was on Majesty in March, travelling with daughter, son in law and granddaughter. We managed to get two cabins next door to each other (but needed to work this out with the TA as it did not work well on line). For a little extra we chose Inside Plus cabins on Deck 4 and were very pleased we upgraded. We were able to choose a specific cabin for £42. Deck 4 is conveniently located for reception area and restaurants on Deck 5. Do try and get a mid-ship location and close to elevators.

I have written a review of the cruise which can be found at:

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=530384

(if you have trouble putting in .co.uk try .com)

I do not know if you will be on the same itinerary but hopefully the review will give you an insight into what the ship is like.

We had a great time and would definitely sail with Thomsons again.

Good Luck with your plans

Suzanne

Edited by suron
More information

Having never been on a cruise, but reading on here and TA I presumed that outside would be better.

Disappointed that there's no cabin to fit us all in, but suppose we will get a little more room, but downside that we might not be together, which I'd much prefer, especially as it's a first cruise, not knowing what/where/how to do stuff.

If it's only £42 to get together then I would defo pay (is it £42 per room though, ie £84?)

Still unsure on decks 3/4 or 8/9 though, having no experience, open to suggestions. Booking online would I then phone Thomson and ask for 2 cabins together as no option online.

The itenary looks great and what is attracting us, Monaco, Corsica, Pisa, Palma etc, I'll read the review thanks.

If you get the option take an outside plus( 4 berth)marked difference space wise between that and standard outside cabin.

It's £42 per cabin to select your numbered/ preferred cabin

Edited by Jim The Scot

I agree with the above post. Go for an outside and the higher deck. You get very little motion anyway. We were on majesty in the Adriatic during the worst storm I have ever seen. We were on deck 4 and waves were coming past the porthole which was a bit unnerving to say the least. However, we weren't sea sick as even then, the stabilisers did a good job!

6 of us have just got back off Majesty, we had 3 x cabins and they put us all very close to each other 735, 743 & 749.

we didn't ask for this, I guess they took it into account as it was on the same booking.