Advice needed, please---British Isles

Sheltieluv

We are doing the Sept. 10, 2017, cruise but rather than getting off the ship in London after 12 days, we'll stay on the ship for an additional 15 nights including a 6 day Atlantic crossing. There is a roll call for this voyage. I believe it's titled "Sept. 10, 2017, TransAtlantic, London to Ft. Lauderdale" or something like that. This will be our 7th Princess cruise, and we have always used EZair. Every time it has been much cheaper than booking directly with the airline, and by using the flexible air feature we were able to rebook if the price went down. On our last cruise this happened 2 or 3 times. We use Princess transfers. I like the convenience and security. We prefer the larger ships. Can't wait to leave for our cruise in 451 days!! :)

We had an excellent experience using EZ air with a two night stay in London using hotel and transfers arranged by Princess. We are in our sixties so it was great having everything arranged for us and we were fortunate to get a great price. All transfers are included....airport to hotel, hotel to ship and ship to airport. We stayed at the lovely Pullman St Pancras, walking distance from the British Museum, and right across from Kings Cross Station. The staff was very helpful with directions to get us to all the sites. Good Luck, one of our favorite cruises, we're planning on going back May 2017, will do the Ring of Kerry tour first:)

Also if you do use EZAir, also monitor the fares often ... ours went down by $200 apiece, so I cancelled and rebooked at the lower fare. Same airline, same flights,

We just did this (only saved $75, not $200, but hey!) for our October flight to Rome. Flying Delta to JFK to Rome.

We flew to Rome in 2013 and had booked EZAir for Lufthansa thru Frankfurt to Rome, scheduled to arrive about 5:30PM. We started wondering if we could do better on the arrival time and Pete called Princess & talked to a helpful agent who called us back with better arrangements...Air Canada BOS to Montréal to Rome, arriving 10:30 AM.

"Thank you very much, sign us up," and cancelled Lufthansa without penalty.

Steve

Edited by skf

Hi everyone, I am the OP and am so happy to have received so much useful information. Thank you all!!

Another other question: which side for the BI cruise--port or starboard? Or does it matter?:)

I would say starboard - especially as you cruise past the Northern Coast of Scotland . . . there is some very beautiful scenery that you can see nearly all day on the first sea day . . . of course from the port side you can also get a great view of Orkney Island and the other islands. You can also see the white cliffs of Dover on the 2nd sea day from the starboard side. This might change if your cruise stops at Kirkwall.

And of course, I don't really know what was visible from the port side.

We were starboard and saw lovely scenery everywhere, especially midday on the 1st sea day. Don't forget that the ship will travel clockwise around the islands, so starboard side will look at the coast of England, Scotland and Wales every day. Plus, the ship docked on our side in Greenock, where we were entertained by a bagpiper as we arrived and a group of pipers before departure.

I would say starboard - especially as you cruise past the Northern Coast of Scotland . . . there is some very beautiful scenery that you can see nearly all day on the first sea day . . . of course from the port side you can also get a great view of Orkney Island and the other islands. You can also see the white cliffs of Dover on the 2nd sea day from the starboard side. This might change if your cruise stops at Kirkwall.

And of course, I don't really know what was visible from the port side.

Just read your review of your trip and really enjoyed it. Thank you for taking the time to write it.