tracy arm 4 pm off Legend

shutuph

It's the same excursion, same boat. When we did ours last year, we had the first one. Both excursions saw the exact same thing. I get confused on which is which, but we saw one glacier near where the ship was, then went over to another glacier that the ship wasn't at. The later excursion went to the glacier the ship was now at and ended at the first glacier and got on the ship after that. You'll see the exact same thing.

AND you will love it. It was our favorite part of the Alaska cruise!

Don't worry about it getting dark leaving at 4pm :D:D

In summer in Alaska it barely gets darker than twilight even late into the night.

We were there in the Hilton in Anchorage for the 4th of July. We were really excited that we were going to get to watch the fireworks from the rooftop bar. Unfortunately, :) it still wasn't dark enough at 1am and we went to bed. We heard they finally shot them off at 2am even though it still wasn't completely dark.

Believe it or not you may be on the best time slot and not even know it. The shadows that time of the day against the tall cliffs make the wildlife easier to see and also the blue colors within the ice may be that more picturesque. We did this excursion and it was one of the best ever in all of our years of cruising.

• 5 weeks later...

This doesn't make any sense to have 3 times????? I'll speculate- there no longer is the first time slot and those people are now on the 2pm.

Respondents here don't know what this trip is. There can ONLY be 2 times. There can NOT be 3. I'll explain-= factually what is involved. The cruise ship sails toward Tracy Arm- At the entrance, they will unload the first tour who will go in the fjord with the cruise ship. The small boat goes faster and has far more range of boating. The fjord is approx 30 miles long. The cruise ship usually does NOT get much past Sawyer Island. This is the point where the people on the add on tour, return to the ship and the second tour gets on the tour boat. They sail up to the glacier and meet back up with the cruise ship at the Tracy Arm entrance. There is no third run, as the ship leaves the area and continues on it's sailing. They do NOT hang around giving that 3rd tour group a "double" trip. Tracy Arm is a DEAD END fjord. That is way Carnival is the lowest priced add on. They can run 2 tour groups. Other cruise lines usually have the Juneau port the same day, so only can offer- 1 tour group, that pays more.

Edited by Budget Queen

This doesn't make any sense to have 3 times????? I'll speculate- there no longer is the first time slot and those people are now on the 2pm.

Respondents here don't know what this trip is. There can ONLY be 2 times. There can NOT be 3. I'll explain-= factually what is involved. The cruise ship sails toward Tracy Arm- At the entrance, they will unload the first tour who will go in the fjord with the cruise ship. The small boat goes faster and has far more range of boating. The fjord is approx 30 miles long. The cruise ship usually does NOT get much past Sawyer Island. This is the point where the people on the add on tour, return to the ship and the second tour gets on the tour boat. They sail up to the glacier and meet back up with the cruise ship at the Tracy Arm entrance. There is no third run, as the ship leaves the area and continues on it's sailing. They do NOT hang around giving that 3rd tour group a "double" trip. Tracy Arm is a DEAD END fjord. That is way Carnival is the lowest priced add on. They can run 2 tour groups. Other cruise lines usually have the Juneau port the same day, so only can offer- 1 tour group, that pays more.

Thanks for explanation- we have that tour in just over two weeks at 11:00am. So not sure if it is first or secobd tour.

Just hope it is smooth- will take Bonine but a catamaran we took required most if family wanting to face fwd in front to not get sick.

Thanks for explanation- we have that tour in just over two weeks at 11:00am. So not sure if it is first or secobd tour.

Just hope it is smooth- will take Bonine but a catamaran we took required most if family wanting to face fwd in front to not get sick.

This does not sail any "rough" area. BUT your cruise ship does. I have heard complaints of sick passengers just about every time I sail round trip Seattle. (multiple times)

This does not sail any "rough" area. BUT your cruise ship does. I have heard complaints of sick passengers just about every time I sail round trip Seattle. (multiple times)

Thank you - I read Seattle up to Skagway can be rougher being "outside" the passage. I hope not too bad with Bonine I always take it, I get motion sick just sitting in back of car, & only have experienced it leaving St.Thomas on a cruise having only sailed Caribbean before.

I have two new cruisers w/ motion sick issues, so hope they survive their first cruise and want to do a Caribbean one!

Thank you - I read Seattle up to Skagway can be rougher being "outside" the passage. I hope not too bad with Bonine I always take it, I get motion sick just sitting in back of car, & only have experienced it leaving St.Thomas on a cruise having only sailed Caribbean before.

I have two new cruisers w/ motion sick issues, so hope they survive their first cruise and want to do a Caribbean one!

I have really bad motion sickness. I have tried everything. Bonime worked ok some of the time. About 5 years ago a nurse told me about Meclizine. You don't need a prescription but it is behind the counter in the pharmacy. This really changed traveling for me and my family.

Like anything, check with your doctor, don't just take someone's advice. It is also very inexpensive. At sam's club for example it is $4-5. for 100. You only need to take 1-2 in 24 hrs, but in case of rough weather it is ok to take up to 3-4in 24 hrs. Like anything, give it a trial run before your trip.

Edited by 1char

I have really bad motion sickness. I have tried everything. Bonime worked ok some of the time. About 5 years ago a nurse told me about Meclizine. You don't need a prescription but it is behind the counter in the pharmacy. This really changed traveling for me and my family.

Like anything, check with your doctor, don't just take someone's advice. It is also very inexpensive. At sam's club for example it is $4-5. for 100. You only need to take 1-2 in 24 hrs, but in case of rough weather it is ok to take up to 3-4in 24 hrs. Like anything, give it a trial run before your trip.

The active ingredient in Bonine is meclizine. They are the same thing.

If in doubt, take a Bonine (or your med of choice). We did this excursion a few years back and LOVED it! The trip was smooth, none of us had any queasiness.

The active ingredient in Bonine is meclizine. They are the same thing.

Yes, you are correct, but the inactive ingredients are different and it can make a difference for some. The important thing is to find something that works for you so that. You can enjoy doing activities.