time limit on next cruise if booked on board

eskiemomo

Didn't DCL change the policy about cruises that get the 10% discount when booked on board? I cannot recall the details or find them on the web site.

Was a time limit imposed? Meaning if you book some cruise on board and get the discount, you can move/change it later but must travel within 18 months of getting that discount?

anyone else remember?

DCL's current time limit for onboard bookings is 24 months. They did for a short time change it to 18 months, but I believe it went back to 24 months several months later (and a lot of people were already grandfathered in to the 24 month time limit so it only impacted a relatively small number of people....).

They did however raise the deposit for an on board booking from $200 to $250 for people just doing a placeholder reservation (reserving a future booking without picking a specific date). That is effective December of 2015...

Oh and to add its 24 months exactly from the date you book the cruise on. For example for me I booked on the 26th September 2015 and my new cruise had to start before the 25th September 2017. It shows on the booking the date its valid until.