Concierge or Aqua Class worth the upgrade..

heatherRN53

I heard and read somewhere that the embarkation lunch for Concierge guests is just until 1 pm. so if you are on a morning tour or board late, you miss out on something you are paying for. I do not feel the perks are worth the extra money charged for CC.

Sounds like a good choice for you..,glad you are content with new choice

we always book AQ class but we book early when prices are in our range

lately CC sounds appealing and we might consider it with a specialty dining package sometime in the future,...

I believe CC now gets an embarkation lunch as an added benefit

I disagree that booking Concierge is frivolous. Yes, the added amenities are of little value, but some of the best cabin locations onboard are in C2 and C1, and they are often priced similar to the top tier veranda classes. Plus, you get the extra two Captains Club points each day. Give me a C2 cabin on the slant of the hump, midship, with an extended balcony and footstools, with cabins above and below, and I'm a happy cruiser.

I disagree that booking Concierge is frivolous. Yes, the added amenities are of little value, but some of the best cabin locations onboard are in C2 and C1, and they are often priced similar to the top tier veranda classes. Plus, you get the extra two Captains Club points each day. Give me a C2 cabin on the slant of the hump, midship, with an extended balcony and footstools, with cabins above and below, and I'm a happy cruiser.

That is exactly why I am booked in a CC cabin. Forget the footstools and the lunch (it wasn't even part of the CC when I booked). It's all about location. I am in 1108 on the Solstice in July. Slant of the hump, midship, right outside of the library. Cant ask for a better location (because we always forget things and have to run back and forth to the room!). Also you are right, it was only a nominal increase from the Veranda class, so why not??

I have to agree that a lot of the perks are not worth the upgrade but location and the footstools are good for me, we too have booked a C2 on the hump perfect location. Hardly any difference to the regular veranda price when we booked.

We would always book CC if the up grade price was about £100 each. On some of the older ships the rooms are slightly bigger and we just like those little perks. :)

We wouldn't book it for any one reason but yes we like the little extras.