Miami boarding times

dakotahrb

We have selected 10:30 am as our boarding time for the Carnival Glory, will we be allowed to board as soon as we're checked in, or will we have to sit and wait to board at a later time, we also bought FTTF. THANKS

I think you only select your check in time. I don't think it matters what time you pick if you have FTTF either, you get moved to a different priority line. You can't board until the ship is ready though and that could happen anywhere from 11-1 depending on how fast they clear it from the previous cruise. You will be one of the first to board though because you have FTTF.

I think you only select your check in time. I don't think it matters what time you pick if you have FTTF either, you get moved to a different priority line. You can't board until the ship is ready though and that could happen anywhere from 11-1 depending on how fast they clear it from the previous cruise. You will be one of the first to board though because you have FTTF.

Technically FTTF will start boarding after they start boarding Platinum, Diamond, Suites and wedding parties.

We have selected 10:30 am as our boarding time for the Carnival Glory, will we be allowed to board as soon as we're checked in, or will we have to sit and wait to board at a later time, we also bought FTTF. THANKS

With a 1030 time you threw away $60.

With a 1030 time you threw away $60.

No they didn't. FTTF is more than just a check in time. It's not having to wait in line when checking in, When actually boarding, being able to go directly to your room bypassing the signs that say the rooms aren't ready yet, a dedicated line at guest services and going to the front of the line for tendered ports. Check in time is not the time a person boards the ship. The port will board Diamond and platinum guests, followed by suites and wedding parties, and the FTTF.

We have selected 10:30 am as our boarding time for the Carnival Glory,

10:30, as others have said is your check-in time, not your boarding time

will we be allowed to board as soon as we're checked in, or will we have to sit and wait to board at a later time

Boarding won't start until around 1130 at the earliest from what i have read, and is contingent upon how quickly the previous cruise's passengers clear the boat, and whether or not there is any kind of [surprise] coast guard inspection. Carnival boards Platinum/Diamond members, wedding parties, and suites first, then FTTF, and then by zone for general check-in

we also bought FTTF. THANKS

With FTTF you can just show up to the port whenever you want (within the boarding hours) and check-in. You have to SELECT a time (or they assign you one if you haven't picked one) but you may show up at your leisure. Theoretically, you could show up at 1130, check-in and only have to wait a few minutes to board, or board immediately, instead of having to wait for your zone to be called for boarding like non-FTTF people would.

As to whether you have "wasted" $60 by getting a 1030 check-in....that depends on a lot of things. A lot of people think the FTTF is a waste of money for their own reasons. We are also sailing on the Glory (in August) and got FTTF because we can be among the first to board, but not have to get to the terminal for check-in at 1030 and then sit around and possibly wait for an hour and a half. FTTF gets you priority tender for tender ports, and 2 of our 4 stops ARE tender ports, and a 3rd depends on weather (from what i have found.) So for $60 we get to sleep in a bit and not have to worry about traffic issues to make our check-in time, AND not have to wait in lines for tender boats at half of the ports we stop at.