How to get to Horseshoe Bay, Bermuda

We are cruising on the Anthem to Bermuda 6/25. The excursion through the ship to Horseshoe Bay does not leave until Noon. Can we go on our own? How would we get there? Any issues getting onto the beach if we go on our own? Thanks!

We are cruising on the Anthem to Bermuda 6/25. The excursion through the ship to Horseshoe Bay does not leave until Noon. Can we go on our own? How would we get there? Any issues getting onto the beach if we go on our own? Thanks!

Hi Stevedan ... we'll be joining you on the Anthem in 12 days! There are buses, taxis, and shuttles at the dockyard that will take you to Horseshoe, as well as anywhere else you want to go. Someone else will chime in with the specifics, I'm sure. You definitely do not have to wait until 12. We sure as hell won't be! :)

When you get to Bermuda, there will be an area to line up and grab a taxi. It is right next to where the excursions line up with signs to meet their groups. Someone is there to direct the line and put people in taxi's. We had a super slow taxi driver last summer, I remember it being a long ride! 25-30 minutes probably, but again he was slow so it may have even been longer. I remember bikers were passing him.

When we left the beach, most everyone else was leaving also in order to be back in time to board the ship. The line to leave and get a taxi was EXTREMELY LONG. Taxis and shuttle buses were pulling up, loading with people and pulling away like clockwork. There is someone there to direct and organize the line to move everyone out as quickly as possibly.

We somehow managed to get on this "party bus," it was quite the adventure. The bus had aisles to walk in but once all the seats were filled up, they magically pulled out additional seats that filled the aisle space-- every single inch of space was utilized and we were packed in like sardines. The bus was fast, the music was blaring, the wind was blowing, there was nothing to hang on to so people were sliding all over..... but again--- quite the experience! The older ladies next to me were about to have a heart attack. But, we all lived and made it to the ship on time!

The beach is amazing. Clear, warm water. We climbed one of those boulders and got a fantastic view of the beach. Have a blast, it was my favorite beach!