Allure Cabin & Deck Selection Help

Looking at an Allure cruise in 2017 and overwhelmed by the size and decks. Are there some decks that are better to be on? Know we want an outside ocean view balcony. Any insight would be appreciated. Totally in the dark and trying to figure out where to spend money and where to save. Thanks!

Looking at an Allure cruise in 2017 and overwhelmed by the size and decks. Are there some decks that are better to be on? Know we want an outside ocean view balcony. Any insight would be appreciated. Totally in the dark and trying to figure out where to spend money and where to save. Thanks!

All OV balcony cabins are good. :)

I prefer to avoid Deck 7 on the back half of the ship, because of an elevator lobby thing. (don't worry about it; just avoid it if possible)

I prefer to avoid Deck 14 - too close to the pool deck noise.

Other than that, I like 'em all.

If you want to spend extra money, D1 cabins have a larger balcony.

Some people like to figure out where they spend the most time on the ship and book a cabin that is convenient to those locations.

Some people like Deck 8 for its proximity to Central Park, but it's easy to get there regardless of your "home" deck.

All OV balcony cabins are good. :)

I prefer to avoid Deck 7 on the back half of the ship, because of an elevator lobby thing. (don't worry about it; just avoid it if possible)

Do you mean deck 6? Don't see the elevator lobby thing you reference.

Do you mean deck 6? Don't see the elevator lobby thing you reference.

It doesn't show up anywhere, including the deck plans.

Here is the explanation:

The Boardwalk is on Deck 6, aft.

There is a sign "BOARDWALK" that hangs over the glass doors that take you from the inside of the ship out to the Boardwalk.

The sign hangs across the elevator lobby, blocking it on Deck 7. So if you want to be on the starboard side of the ship, and take the elevators on the port side, you are trapped. You can't just walk across to the other side on Deck 7. You have to go up one deck or down one deck, cross over, then go down one deck or up one deck.

Is it a HORRIBLE thing? No. You COULD try always remembering which side of the ship you need to be on. You COULD just dash up and down the stairs.

Or you could avoid booking a cabin there. :D

We have cruised on the Allure twice now. The first time we were on deck 11 and were happy with that. This time we were on deck 7 port side very close to the aft elevators and much preferred that location. It was such an easy trek down one flight for coffee and doughnut on the boardwalk in the morning and up one flight for central park. Everything was convenient.

We made note to always use the port side elevators or stairs when heading to our cabin and I never had an issue. My husband made the mistake only once and had to go down, over, and up to get to our cabin.

As mentioned earlier, where you spend most of your time onboard will provide a guide for deck choice and whether you want to be forward or aft. I too avoid deck 7 because of the blocked cut through aft by the Boardwalk. If you do not have mobility issues like my bad knees just about any deck forward or aft will be fine. Oasis class ships are fantastic!