Facebook messenger calling feature

lulugracie

Will the iMessage texting feature for iPhones work on the ship via Wi-Fi?

Yes. iMessage worked great last August for me on the Freedom. This is how I kept in touch with my kiddos! I found it worked a little better than Facebook messenger for me but they both work pretty good!!

Yes. iMessage worked great last August for me on the Freedom. This is how I kept in touch with my kiddos! I found it worked a little better than Facebook messenger for me but they both work pretty good!!

Thank you!

I think it depends on the ship maybe? When I was on the Magic last June, iMessage did not work. I bought the most expensive internet package they had but still it did not work. It wasn't just me either as anyone I talked to onboard said their phones did not work either. I was so desperate to keep in touch with my teen that I actually purchased a $60 pair of Walkie Talkies onboard the ship. That plan failed miserably as well because 14 yr old daughter was too embarrassed to be seen with "uncool" Walkie talkie, plus it was very loud and irritating so we ditched that very quickly. I'm hoping with the Facebook messenger and all of us having iPhone 6's (we had iPhone 5 last year) we will have better luck this time around.

Will be bringing my son this time around tho and he thinks the Walkie talkies are cool so maybe even if the phones don't work I will still be able to keep in touch with my kiddoes.

I think it depends on the ship maybe? When I was on the Magic last June, iMessage did not work. I bought the most expensive internet package they had but still it did not work. It wasn't just me either as anyone I talked to onboard said their phones did not work either. I was so desperate to keep in touch with my teen that I actually purchased a $60 pair of Walkie Talkies onboard the ship. That plan failed miserably as well because 14 yr old daughter was too embarrassed to be seen with "uncool" Walkie talkie, plus it was very loud and irritating so we ditched that very quickly. I'm hoping with the Facebook messenger and all of us having iPhone 6's (we had iPhone 5 last year) we will have better luck this time around.

Will be bringing my son this time around tho and he thinks the Walkie talkies are cool so maybe even if the phones don't work I will still be able to keep in touch with my kiddoes.

When we were on pride in December my friends imessage worked the first 2 days then not at all, she went to guest services and they told her she was lucky it worked at all.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk