RIU, Melia, or Hilton?????

knowfere

I found an old outdated thread asking this same question but I need new info based on today. We're a group of 7 adults and 4 kids going to be docked from 12-8 at Nassau in October 2016.

RIU-most expensive but free unlimited drinks. most beautiful beach, but also possibly the most dangerous if it isn't a calm day. boring plain pool if the beach is too rough

Melia-good deal price wise with lunch but no unlimited drinks. beach appears to be just so-so with all the seaweed and 'dark' underwaters seen on googlemaps. spectacular pools if the water is yukky

British Hilton- we have many kids traveling, not sure if this would be appropriate. no cab or bus required. smallish beach. fair price but then I've seen so many say they spent extra just for a little bit of food and drinks

Questions:

Is it absolutely not possible to get to Paradise beach on the western side of Atlantis?

Are there absolutely no public-free beaches with restroom facilities?

Just how often is the beach at RIU considered dangerous?

Thanks in Advance to anyone who can help me decide!

All will shut down at 5, I believe. The Melia has a nice beach, nicer than the Hilton. I'd do the $35 pass which doesn't include food, since you can eat lunch on the ship. There are no public restrooms on cabbage beach with restrooms. The water can be rough - the 2 times we went to Atlantis, they weren't allowing anyone on the main beach.

• 5 weeks later...