Upgrade at checking

jeffcar1

We are on the Jade next Saturday out of Venice , It is possible to upgrade cabins on the day at Check in ?

we are in an Inside Cabin and want to upgrade to a Balcony , Has any one tried this before

Thanks

What triptolemus said.

The check-in staff in terminal regardless of the port are port employees that only know how to handle basic check-in procedures, you basically can't do any changes to your reservation during the check-in.

Also during all my years on this forum I've heard only few times about people being able to upgrade after boarding.

Edited by Demonyte

definitely call Upsell....

I'd assume that OP's location of "Bristol" is in UK and most likely booked through the UK office, in which case they are not eligble for calling the upsell number in US - there is no upsell department in UK.

We are on the Jade next Saturday out of Venice , It is possible to upgrade cabins on the day at Check in ?

we are in an Inside Cabin and want to upgrade to a Balcony , Has any one tried this before

Thanks

If you want to upgrade to a Balcony you can likely do so by calling NCL and paying the difference in price between what you paid and the current cost of the balcony. You are not going to be able to upgrade at the pier or on board.

Thanks

Years ago, yes. I did it often, but not since .... around 2006 I'd say.

Edited by Sissaaaaaa

Cruise ships like airlines are getting much better at revenue management. They are trying to squeeze every last cent out of the ship and want that ship to sail FULL. Depending on how well the ship is filling up they will either offer upsells or offer last minute fare sales to last minute cruisers at a deep discount. The likely answer is they do some combination of both. If there are still empty cabins available at check in then whoever is in revenue management probably isn't doing a very good job as a cabin would sail empty.

It won't happen. As stated, the terminal staff are just there to process, they've no way of upgrading etc. If a UK guest then you'll need to pay the difference. P.S once you go to a balcony it's hard to go back

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app