Rome Highlights Tour - Rome in Limo

shortstop95

This will be our first European cruise - so looking to maximize what little time we have in ports. Being unfamiliar with Europe- Carnival sponsored excursions do hold the benefit of knowing we won't get left behind- we know with private tours you see more and pay less. Other threads have mentioned Rome in Limo. Can anyone provide feedback on the Rome Highlights tour with them? The good? The bad? The could be improved? The wish I had done this instead? We would appreciate and welcome any info.

Thanks in advance.

All good. No bad to report.

We used them in 2013 for Rome Highlights.

We saw city wall, Circus Maximus, Palatine Hill, Roman Forum. They pulled us right up to Colosseum and helped us get into correct line to zip right inside. Gave us a local cell to contact as he they can't stay parked there.

We went to Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, and Vatican/Sistine Chapel with guide.

They offered a lunch suggestion based on our wishes and had us at a restaurant and seated with a drink in hand in just minutes.

There is a level of VIP treatment they provide that Carnival can't touch.

They make sure you are back with plenty of time to spare.

We used them for Naples, Rome and Florence in 2013 and again 2 wks ago for all 3.

All good. No bad to report.

We used them in 2013 for Rome Highlights.

We saw city wall, Circus Maximus, Palatine Hill, Roman Forum. They pulled us right up to Colosseum and helped us get into correct line to zip right inside. Gave us a local cell to contact as he they can't stay parked there.

We went to Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, and Vatican/Sistine Chapel with guide.

They offered a lunch suggestion based on our wishes and had us at a restaurant and seated with a drink in hand in just minutes.

There is a level of VIP treatment they provide that Carnival can't touch.

They make sure you are back with plenty of time to spare.

We used them for Naples, Rome and Florence in 2013 and again 2 wks ago for all 3.

Same response from me.

Although if you're familiar with the stops, I'd DIY. But for a 1st time visit you can't beat RIL.

Fantastic tour that I know you will enjoy and will return to the ship exhausted but you'll have a big smile on your face. We have used RIL now 6 times and each trip was above expectation.

Enjoy Rome

Thanks for all the responses. Would you recommend as well for the other Italian ports?

Check your roll call. Many people book shared tours with RIL and post them in their roll calls for others to join.

Rome in Limo is a fantastic tour company and we would book with them again in a heart beat. We used them in Rome and Pisa / Lucca last year and both tours were the best.

Ed

I have not used them yet, but I can say that I had NO trouble filling two tours (Pompeii and Sorrento and Rome Highlights) by booking the shared tour and posting the link on my role call...and that other social media group for my cruise. Good luck and have fun!