Any recent pics or pictorial review of Majesty???

We are sailing with friends (adults only, leaving kids with grandma) on the Majesty of The Seas in October. I am hoping someone has some recent pics or a review with pictures after dry dock. I have only seen one and I have read it probably 50 times. I'm looking for the in's and out's and the good, bad, and ugly. What should we make sure to do? What do you think we should avoid?

We are already stoked about Coco Cay and have already purchased the drink package. We have decided to snorkel on Coco Cay and probably just do a Junkanoo Beach day or Senior Frogs on Nassau.

(Disclaimer:) I have only been on Carnival ships so far and I'll admit, I'm a little nervous about a small RCCL ship. I have fallen in love with Carnival's Fantasy class, but just from looking at the deck plans for Majesty, I think it is even smaller than those ships. I also understand that a cruise is what you make it, and trust me when I say that we will have a good time regardless. Just trying to figure out what to expect.

Thanks Everyone!

Stay Safe!

-HomeTownMedic

We are sailing with friends (adults only, leaving kids with grandma) on the Majesty of The Seas in October. I am hoping someone has some recent pics or a review with pictures after dry dock. I have only seen one and I have read it probably 50 times. I'm looking for the in's and out's and the good, bad, and ugly. What should we make sure to do? What do you think we should avoid?

We are already stoked about Coco Cay and have already purchased the drink package. We have decided to snorkel on Coco Cay and probably just do a Junkanoo Beach day or Senior Frogs on Nassau.

(Disclaimer:) I have only been on Carnival ships so far and I'll admit, I'm a little nervous about a small RCCL ship. I have fallen in love with Carnival's Fantasy class, but just from looking at the deck plans for Majesty, I think it is even smaller than those ships. I also understand that a cruise is what you make it, and trust me when I say that we will have a good time regardless. Just trying to figure out what to expect.

Thanks Everyone!

Stay Safe!

-HomeTownMedic

I am interested also. Went on Majesty last year before the dry dock. The size didn't bother me. Had a great time. Leaving again in less than 2 weeks on majesty . June 27th sailing . Would like to see how it's changed since last year .

Carnival's Fantasy Class is actually pretty similar in size to Majesty.

I've been on her Majesty approx 15 times, the most recent was October 2015. It's a fun little ship for a short cruise. It has a Latin vibe because so many locals sail out of Miami, not sure if it's in Miami or Port Canaveral now, cause I live in Las Vegas now. But it has a well trained personable staff, the food is fairly good especially in the Windjammer at night, if you don't want to do the main dining room. Coco Cay is so nice, lots of choices for water sports etc. I can take or leave Nassau, been there done that.. Enjoy!!! I heartily endorse Majesty!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I've been on her Majesty approx 15 times, the most recent was October 2015. It's a fun little ship for a short cruise. It has a Latin vibe because so many locals sail out of Miami, not sure if it's in Miami or Port Canaveral now, cause I live in Las Vegas now. But it has a well trained personable staff, the food is fairly good especially in the Windjammer at night, if you don't want to do the main dining room. Coco Cay is so nice, lots of choices for water sports etc. I can take or leave Nassau, been there done that.. Enjoy!!! I heartily endorse Majesty!

She has been in PC for a few weeks now.

Thank so much for everything so far! :D

I agree, a sampling of the menu would be nice, as well as a review of the food in the MDR as well as Windjamer to include offerings. :rolleyes:

We are 4 months away from sailing as of tomorrow!:cool:

We are on Majesty this week. It is out of Port Canaveral and sailing to Coco Cay and Bahamas. I would say she no longer has the "latin vibe" that someone mentioned she had while home-ported in Miami. The ship is in very good shape; the furnishings are all attractive, and there is ongoing replacement of the mattresses.

The usual entertainment on a small ship including the production shows, guest entertainer this week was El Gaucho and another comedian (sorry, don't remember the name.)

Menus in the dining room are the same as on Royal's other ships. Missing are the specialty restaurants like Chops and Portofino. They do have Johnny Rockets, a pool band that also plays in Boleros Lounge, Schooner bar piano player (this week is Kelly Goodman whom many will know as someone quite good), and a guitarist. The usual: belly flop, Love and Marriage show, and a few new games.

All in all, a fun little ship for a short diversion.

Edited by gadaboutgal

We sailed on Majesty 5/27. This old girl is a fine ship. This was the first in the fleet. Majesty has a wonderful Captain and crew. We were not disappointed in our cruise and had a wonderful time. We could the service everywhere much better than the Osasis class ships. Less cruisers to deal with. The cabins on this ship are very small as compared to most others but we knew this going in. We didn't spend that much time in the room. You should enjoy your Majesty experience.

We did not take onboard pictures to report. I think the dry dock was for normal maintenance and not added differences. I did notice it appeared the carpets were newer. While we were aboard we did see some chiping and fresh paint going on.

Edited by troykahack

Sorry but I must go against the grain here. We were on a 4 night sailing from the 6th to 10th of June. HATED IT! Good to read the kids are staying home, kids clubs are pretty lame. The ship itself is just fine in appearance. The staff were like a bunch of disgruntled employees. Our stateroom attendant and assistant waiter were very good, our waiter ok. Never once at our 4 dinners did we get even luke warm appetizers. We were served promptly after ordering so this was definately a kitchen issue. Are appetizers prepared in mass quantities to be served upon ordering, this was the only explanation I can come up with for the room temperature food. The rest of the food in the dining room and Windjammer were adequate, mediocre. Embarkation was great but debarkation was HORRIBLE. The scheduled time off was off by over an hour. Huge line onboard, going down stairs and snaking around the dining room, I've heard stories about terrible debarkation but this is the first time I experienced it.

First cruise I was glad to get off the ship. I've enjoyed RCCL in the past and will be sailing again with them in January for 12 nights. Praying that the next cruise will be way better than or experience on the Majesty. I can't imagine 12 days on another ship as poorly run as the Majesty.

Edited by kutchyone

We sailed on the Majesty June 20-24. We had a great time and thought the service was wonderful. I will post a full review later on this week. Highlights were: CocaCay, the band One4One, the food: especially the rolls at dinner,Johnny Rockets and breakfast in the mail dining room, Love and Marriage Show, relaxing on Deck 7 and Senor Frogs in Nassua.

We sailed on the Majesty June 20-24. We had a great time and thought the service was wonderful. I will post a full review later on this week. Highlights were: CocaCay, the band One4One, the food: especially the rolls at dinner,Johnny Rockets and breakfast in the mail dining room, Love and Marriage Show, relaxing on Deck 7 and Senor Frogs in Nassua.

I can't wait for the review! Let us know when you get it finished!

• 2 months later...

I just returned from a 4 night cruise. Prior to this I had only sailed Carnival and couldn't help but make comparisons.

The ship itself looked well taken care of. The public bathrooms were quite nice in my opinion ( nice deco, spacious and clean). We had an oceanview cabin. The cabin was very small! We had the beds put together and we had to crawl from the bottom to get in. Not a biggie but a heads up. The room was dirty upon embarktion... Dirt on the floor, sticky stuff on bathroom counter, debris left behind from past guest in closet. That was a turn off.

The shows and entertainment were typical. We enjoyed them and had fun. The cruise director Mark was very enthusiastic and funny. The service in the main dining room was amazing and the food was 5 star. We did not have one bad meal in the diningroom and dinner was honestly the highlight of the trip. The coke soda machines were sporatically working and always seemed to be out of coke zero. The windjammer food had a decent variety but typical cafeteria type and quality of food.

I was most disappointed in CoCo Cay. Maybe because we visited right after the hurricane went through but the beach had sea grass washed ashore and was very rocky. In the water you stepped in mud with a consistsncy of wet mushy oatmeal. There was sea grass most everywhere and the water was murky.

Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Edited by mandyc3383

Very helpful, thank you. Do you remember the menus for the three nights? We're going on the 3 day in December.

Just returned from 3 day Majesty. I have been on some older ships and the Majesty does not show her age at all. She was refurbished earlier this year. I must admit, I was reluctant to go on a short cruise on an older ship...but I was impressed, to the point that I will book another getaway on her next year.

Now, don't get me wrong, she does not have all the amenities and things to do of the larger class ships but if you leave without having a good time...its your own fault!

The food was good ( I don't have the menus ), as with any en mass serving I don't expect it to be great. Windjammer selections were very good and well prepared.

While I hear that most cabins are small by today's standards, ours was a superior ocean view and we were VERY satisfied with the accommodations.

Now for the staff. My take away from the many employees that we encountered is that they are courteous, engaging and professional. ( contrary to another post that I read ).

As having attained diamond status, I have many cruised many times with RCCL and I had set my exceptions low. But as I said , I will book the Majesty again for a cruise next year.

Your're cruising!! Go and enjoy!!

Just returned from 3 day Majesty. I have been on some older ships and the Majesty does not show her age at all. She was refurbished earlier this year. I must admit, I was reluctant to go on a short cruise on an older ship...but I was impressed, to the point that I will book another getaway on her next year.

Now, don't get me wrong, she does not have all the amenities and things to do of the larger class ships but if you leave without having a good time...its your own fault!

The food was good ( I don't have the menus ), as with any en mass serving I don't expect it to be great. Windjammer selections were very good and well prepared.

While I hear that most cabins are small by today's standards, ours was a superior ocean view and we were VERY satisfied with the accommodations.

Now for the staff. My take away from the many employees that we encountered is that they are courteous, engaging and professional. ( contrary to another post that I read ).

As having attained diamond status, I have many cruised many times with RCCL and I had set my exceptions low. But as I said , I will book the Majesty again for a cruise next year.

Your're cruising!! Go and enjoy!!

Thank you for your review.