Msc dining

Mid lifers

Just joined cruise critic & posted a question earlier today about msc dining. Someone kindly directed me to a link. Still not sure if i am using this site correctly so please be patient with me ! I have booked a 'fantastica' experiance & have been told my seating time is 6.30 pm. I am guessing this is waiter service ? Are you given a menu or do you look at the buffet first, then order from the waiter ? Or do you sit in a restaurant different from the buffet ? Do you pay extra in the red velvet resturant ? Do you have to dine at 6.30 every evening or can you decide on the day, example if you are on a trip & dont want to rush back ? Sorry for all the questions, it is all so new to me :)

Just joined cruise critic & posted a question earlier today about msc dining. Someone kindly directed me to a link. Still not sure if i am using this site correctly so please be patient with me ! I have booked a 'fantastica' experiance & have been told my seating time is 6.30 pm. I am guessing this is waiter service ? Are you given a menu or do you look at the buffet first, then order from the waiter ? Or do you sit in a restaurant different from the buffet ? Do you pay extra in the red velvet resturant ? Do you have to dine at 6.30 every evening or can you decide on the day, example if you are on a trip & dont want to rush back ? Sorry for all the questions, it is all so new to me :)

Welcome to CC!!! Once you check in at the terminal, you will be assigned a main dining room. You do not have to show up for your assigned dining time at your assigned dining room,,the buffet is always available for those who like to dine on their own schedule. The Red Velvet is one of the two main dining rooms onboard MSC Fantasia and is not an extra fee restaurant,,,it will be included in your cruise fare.

Edited by Mikesa1721

Just joined cruise critic & posted a question earlier today about msc dining. Someone kindly directed me to a link. Still not sure if i am using this site correctly so please be patient with me ! I have booked a 'fantastica' experiance & have been told my seating time is 6.30 pm.

That is your dining time for the duration of the cruise if you eat in the MDR, doors close at 10 - 15 minutes after that designated time.

I am guessing this is waiter service ? It is

Are you given a menu Yes, it usually has 6 - 7 courses on the menu, you can eat all or some of the courses and more than one item from each course if you want.

or do you look at the buffet first, then order from the waiter ? No

Or do you sit in a restaurant different from the buffet ? The buffet is usually on deck 14 and the MDRs on deck 5 and 6 of fantasia class ships

Do you pay extra in the red velvet resturant ? No, it's an MDR on Fantasia

Do you have to dine at 6.30 every evening or can you decide on the day, example if you are on a trip & dont want to rush back ? No , as Mike says you can always dine in the buffet in the evening

Sorry for all the questions, it is all so new to me :)

This is just a slightly fuller answer than Mikes and I hope enhances his answer and not detracts from it

Pete

Edited by Skier52

This is just a slightly fuller answer than Mikes and I hope enhances his answer and not detracts from it

Pete

Thanks Pete!!! I originally replied with MSC Divina information only to find out the OP was sailing on MSC Fantasia so I had limited time to edit my post,,,I knew I could count on you to expand on my limited knowledge of MSC Fantasia!!:D

Welcome to CC!!! Once you check in at the terminal, you will be assigned a main dining room. You do not have to show up for your assigned dining time at your assigned dining room,,the buffet is always available for those who like to dine on their own schedule. The Red Velvet is one of the two main dining rooms onboard MSC Fantasia and is not an extra fee restaurant,,,it will be included in your cruise fare.

Thank you that is very helpful

Thanks Pete!!! I originally replied with MSC Divina information only to find out the OP was sailing on MSC Fantasia so I had limited time to edit my post,,,I knew I could count on you to expand on my limited knowledge of MSC Fantasia!!:D

You are very helpful. It is a mind blowing booking so far, cant wait for the experiance of being on board

Fantasia is absolutely beautiful.

I can highly recommend the allegrissimo drinks package if you like a few drinks!

we've had both early and late sittings and prefer the early one, the late is just too late for my liking :)

Fantasia is absolutely beautiful.

I can highly recommend the allegrissimo drinks package if you like a few drinks!

we've had both early and late sittings and prefer the early one, the late is just too late for my liking :)

Thanks, i dont drink alcohol, but had to purchase it as my husband does & if one wants alcohol, was told the other passenger has to too. I was thinking the late sitting would be too late & not give you any time to chill after a meal:rolleyes:

there's a fantastic range of non alcoholic cocktails, all of your specialty coffees (cappuccino, latte etc) and teas and ice creams by the cup or cone are included too - they're made on board and are absolutely beautiful, so even with not drinking you may find it's a good deal as you could easily spend 20 a day on these :)