just back from Equinox 31st May to 11th June

scotslass

My family and I are just back from a wonderful cruise on the Equinox. we aged from teenage to 40s and 70s and we all had a great time.

I have read a lot of negative reports about the food in the main dining room but we thought the service and food in the MDR was outstanding . There are 2 great cooks and real foodies in our party and they never felt the need to try the speciality restaurants. The sommelier paired our wine with our food every night and even though he had to cover a lot of tables he seemed to manage to get round them all.

Alejandro was a great cruise director and "the other guys" a four seasons tribute band,Phillip Browne and Jane Curry were some of the best acts we have seen on a cruise.

Looking forward to my next cruise with Celebrity.

Scots,

Thanks for posting. We are on the June 25th and July 2nd cruises on Equinox, so thanks for the info. :)

Edited by Texed

We've done five cruises on the Equinox and she is one of my favorites. Glad you had an enjoyable time.

And I am dating myself, but I remember Alejandro when he was an activities staff person on the long departed Mercury. I've always found him to be a hoot.

I also meant to comment on "evening chic". We found most people dressed very well on those nights ,maybe not as many tuxes as there used to be but the majority very smart perhaps because it was a European cruise. Maybe on a Caribbean cruise it might be different but I think Europeans like to dress up.

My problem was trying to get into my nice shoes as my feet had swollen up as usual on a cruise. I should have learned by now to leave the fancy heels at home!

We are sailing on her in 2017 & was wondering if there were any " SECRECT " places to watch the sail-away or any place to just be alone & watch the world go bye/ We are 82 & 78 so we just love to sit & sip, if you know what I mean.

george35

We are sailing on her in 2017 & was wondering if there were any " SECRECT " places to watch the sail-away or any place to just be alone & watch the world go bye/ We are 82 & 78 so we just love to sit & sip, if you know what I mean.

george35

George the only open air place during sail away that will be quiet is your balcony. All 2600+ fellow travelers are up on the top decks watching too.

Now if the room is open, no private function, and there may or may not be a bartender or server in there, will be the Sky Lounge, forward on deck 14.

You can grab a drink at the pool or Mast bar and take it in and sit in cool quiet comfort.