Afternoon Excursions

I am so annoyed. The limit of afternoon activities to sign up for is slim to NONE. That is really obnoxious. Why do they do it? What should I plan on doing for the afternoon. Even hour long excursions are at 8am or 9am in the morning. I mean come on?! What if someone wants to sleep in?

Rob, what ports of call are you talking about? There is lots to do in most ports on your own. Give us some infor and we will be glad to give you lots of ideas. Don't fret! Besides, who wants to sleep in when you could be enjoying a new port!

Rob, Cozumel and Grand Cayman have some great beaches that you can take a taxi to for the rest of the day. We really enjoy just relaxing at a beach. You can always do some shopping, too, if that is something you enjoy. There are places to shop by the pier in GC and on the pier at Cozumel. After this hurricane, I don't know what things will be like for a while. Hopefully things will be back and up to speed by the time you get there.

Have a great cruise!

Why do they do this? My guess is that many passengers want to experience as much as they can in ports. Thus, excursions in the morning, shopping or going to a beach in the afternoon. Of course there are a few excursions for afternoon times if the ship is in port long enough and they can find people who want to do two excursions in one day. Whew! That would wear me out and I don't go on vacation to be worn to a frazzle.

Now that being said, if you get through with an excursion in the morning and don't like to shop or go to the beach, you can return to the ship and enjoy some space and relative quiet while everyone else is out running around the port.

I am so annoyed. The limit of afternoon activities to sign up for is slim to NONE. That is really obnoxious. Why do they do it? What should I plan on doing for the afternoon. Even hour long excursions are at 8am or 9am in the morning. I mean come on?! What if someone wants to sleep in?

Totally agree with you, robcassell!!! Why would anyone want to go on a Party Boat or catamaran at 8AM ??? :confused:

On an upcoming cruise there is a shore excursion we would LOVE to book ... but NOT at 8:15 AM! :eek:

Then this happens to us we just go to the beach on our own!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

rob: This has been my experience: you sign up for an excursion online before you leave, as part of your advance planning. It turns out that there are actually three or four departures of it, and they DO range from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., depending on the particular activity. In other words, many of these CAN take place in the afternoon, too. I guess that I found out about specific times at the Explorations Desk onboard........

Carol

I don't like the early excursions either. I don't sleep in however, I am up before any one else in my lounger on the balcony with a blanket :D watching the ship pull into port. I don't like to rush getting ready and I don't want to get even near the water before 11am.

We book independent excursions for this very reason if the cruiseline does not offer what we want around the time we want. Now you have to understand if your doing something that takes a long time you must leave early but a 3 hour excursion should be able to be done at the time you like.

Cozumel, we have done the dolphin encounter and sealion's at the park I can't spell unless I look it up, hehe. Cruiseline offers it but you can book on your own too cheaper. dolphindiscovery.com

Don't rush yourself, enjoy your morning as I do :)

BonVoyage

Dawna

Archived