Carnival Vista- Ocean Suite- Anyone stay in one yet?

livvys

Has anyone stayed in an ocean suite yet? There seems to be a lot of info on family harbor and Havana suites, but I haven't found any ocean suite pictures or reviews yet:(. We (family of 4) are booked in an OS for May 2017 and I'm hoping we made the right decision.....

Thanks for any info you can provide!!:)

I'm in one right now (7384). What would you like to know?

Hello. We are in OS 7349 on the 23rd Sep '17 sailing and I, also, have a couple of questions.

Is the balcony large enough for a lounger as well as the table and 2 chairs? and if so, would the room steward be able to provide one (for a tip, of course)?

I realise that being in a suite entitles you to priority boarding. Are the cabins ready when you board or do you have to wait for the announcement?

I read that one of the suite perks was free bottled water, is this just on embarkation day or do you get it every day?

Are the beds long enough? I ask this because I am 6ft tall and on a recent NCL Epic cruise my feet were hanging over the end of the bed a little.

Sorry to be a pest, but I would appreciated it greatly if you answer these questions. Many thanks Paul (Cully1953)

The balcony might be big enough for a lounger and two chairs, but it would be hard to open the door at that point- they swing out.

Our cabin was almost ready and we were one of the first on. Our steward said we could drop our carry ons off and head up to the lido and he would be done in 15 minutes.

We never got any bottled water as part of the suite, but we had purchased four cases at $3 a pop though the fun shops so we have had more than enough. Our fridge can hold 15 bottles at once.

I am 6'4 and my feet have not had a problem staying in the bed. It is just as long as my king bed at home.

Edited by solongshakespeare

The balcony might be big enough for a lounger and two chairs, but it would be hard to open the door at that point- they swing out.

Our cabin was almost ready and we were one of the first on. Our steward said we could drop our carry ons off and head up to the lido and he would be done in 15 minutes.

We never got any bottled water as part of the suite, but we had purchased four cases at $3 a pop though the fun shops so we have had more than enough. Our fridge can hold 15 bottles at once.

I am 6'4 and my feet have not had a problem staying in the bed. It is just as long as my king bed at home.

Thank you very much for your quick reply, it is much appreciated. I hope you are enjoying your cruise. Best wishes Paul

No problem. We are loving the cruise and the suite has been nice… but with all of the ports we haven't had too much time to truly enjoy it.

A couple of quick reflections:

The key card to turn on the lights and outlets is annoying. I would love to charge my electronics while I'm gone, but it requires leaving the key card in.

However, there are more outlets than we are used to and there are two USB ports. It's a nice addition, but it would be nice to have those closer to the bed.

The closets are adjustable to meet your needs. We discovered today that you could easily add or take away shelves based on your needs. There are turn switches in the back that make this possible.

The storage in the suite is less than we are used to. The closets are smaller and the are fewer drawers than we have had in balconies on our other cruises.

The bathroom alone is worth the price of admission. To be able to shower and not feel claustrophobic is a thing of pure joy. To have two sinks allows for fewer squabbles about getting ready in the morning.

The suite has been fun, but it's a luxury that we will forgo next time when traveling with the kids.

Edited by solongshakespeare

"The key card to turn on the lights and outlets is annoying. I would love to charge my electronics while I'm gone, but it requires leaving the key card in. "

You can use an old hotel card, gift card, old credit card etc to place in the card holder and the power stays on.

"The key card to turn on the lights and outlets is annoying. I would love to charge my electronics while I'm gone, but it requires leaving the key card in. "

You can use an old hotel card, gift card, old credit card etc to place in the card holder and the power stays on.

Awesome tip! Thank you

I seem to remember seeing that there might be new single serving coffee machines (Keurig's) in the Suites....has anyone seen this???

Only in Grand Suites. I hope they expand them to the regular suites before we're in one in November.

No problem. We are loving the cruise and the suite has been nice… but with all of the ports we haven't had too much time to truly enjoy it.

A couple of quick reflections:

The key card to turn on the lights and outlets is annoying. I would love to charge my electronics while I'm gone, but it requires leaving the key card in.

However, there are more outlets than we are used to and there are two USB ports. It's a nice addition, but it would be nice to have those closer to the bed.

The closets are adjustable to meet your needs. We discovered today that you could easily add or take away shelves based on your needs. There are turn switches in the back that make this possible.

The storage in the suite is less than we are used to. The closets are smaller and the are fewer drawers than we have had in balconies on our other cruises.

The bathroom alone is worth the price of admission. To be able to shower and not feel claustrophobic is a thing of pure joy. To have two sinks allows for fewer squabbles about getting ready in the morning.

The suite has been fun, but it's a luxury that we will forgo next time when traveling with the kids.

Thanks for all the info!

We'll be on 7254 on Friday so I'm trying to look for more info about the OS.

Did you get the free laundry for booking the suite? I thought I read something about that.

Thanks!

Thanks for all the info!

We'll be on 7254 on Friday so I'm trying to look for more info about the OS.

Did you get the free laundry for booking the suite? I thought I read something about that.

Thanks!

Currently ONLY IN GRAND SUITES on the Vista the perks include a Keurig coffee maker, free water, free laundry , a 50 inch tv, priority tendor service, priority embark and disbark, specialty bedding and chocolate on the pillow at night again

These Suite Perks are suppose to rollout fleetwide in September.....Also John Heald has stated that additional suite perks will roll out then as well

Edited by LaCal

Currently ONLY IN GRAND SUITES on the Vista the perks include a Keurig coffee maker, free water, free laundry , a 50 inch tv, priority tendor service, priority embark and disbark, specialty bedding and chocolate on the pillow at night again

These Suite Perks are suppose to rollout fleetwide in September.....Also John Heald has stated that additional suite perks will roll out then as well

Thanks for the info.

aquarianne11,

I would love to hear about your experiences when you get back. I'm still hoping someone will post the dailies from one of the Athens to Barcelona trips. :-) Have a blast!

~~ Diane

Thank you!! We are very excited to board tomorrow and I'll definitely post here when we get back.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! We got back home last night (spent time in Lisbon after the cruise) and I just started sorting out the pics.

We had an amazing cruise! I have a lot of photos to share and I will try to post a review as well.

We were in Stateroom 7254. Ocean Suite with Large Balcony (category OS).

Considering the long port days, we did not use the balcony that much. The stateroom size is very roomy and comfortable for our family of 3.

13615410_1258357627508846_628109557919481787_n.jpg?oh=14599ec2871577b1a69af892ef8bbec0&oe=5835173C

13615364_1258357434175532_6248001377184160224_n.jpg?oh=9d2de1608d49d4f5e6bef6a1c7827a33&oe=57F3CE41

13619900_1258357537508855_5164697854331929241_n.jpg?oh=54b2f42a8d1639b095471752d47cfdc9&oe=583569C7

13626497_1258357494175526_5116765800193315306_n.jpg?oh=01596ae0aaf3bdb8465b4c8f7dc33362&oe=57FCD472

13585196_1258368740841068_1678264997787060274_o.jpg
The storage space was good but not enough to put all our stuff. We spent two weeks travelling around Europe before the cruise so we had to pack more stuff than usual.

We got priority embarkation and disembarkation. No Keurig coffee maker, free water, free laundry etc...

We pre-ordered water before the cruise and we got 3 big bottles of water for free (for being VIFP members) so we had more than enough water.

Thank you so much for posting pictures of 7254. That will be our cabin in November. Looking forward to hearing all about your cruise and how you liked the cabin. It will just be the two of us - hoping the space will work for us - I'm pretty sure it will.

Was there any noise from the IMAX theater itself or from people leaving after the show? I realize you were on a port-intensive itinerary, very different from our cruise where there will be 5 sea days; but I look forward to hearing your impression of the Vista and especially 7254:).

Thank you so much for posting pictures of 7254. That will be our cabin in November. Looking forward to hearing all about your cruise and how you liked the cabin. It will just be the two of us - hoping the space will work for us - I'm pretty sure it will.

Was there any noise from the IMAX theater itself or from people leaving after the show? I realize you were on a port-intensive itinerary, very different from our cruise where there will be 5 sea days; but I look forward to hearing your impression of the Vista and especially 7254:).

Loved our stateroom and I wish we had more time to enjoy it. I'm sure you will enjoy it more especially with 5 relaxing sea days!

The space will definitely be good enough for two people.

We did not notice any noise from the IMAX theater at all. The balcony also overlooks the public space on deck 5. The area was pretty empty during our cruise but might be busier with a different itinerary.

We really enjoyed the Vista and I hope to sail on her again in the Caribbean. Have a great cruise! :)

Edited by aquarianne11

Loved our stateroom and I wish we had more time to enjoy it. I'm sure you will enjoy it more especially with 5 relaxing sea days!

The space will definitely be good enough for two people.

We did not notice any noise from the IMAX theater at all. The balcony also overlooks the public space on deck 5. The area was pretty empty during our cruise but might be busier with a different itinerary.

We really enjoyed the Vista and I hope to sail on her again in the Caribbean. Have a great cruise! :)

Thanks for your reply and additional pics.:)

This round-trip New York, 11-day cruise is very special to us. It is basically a one-time itinerary following the transatlantic and before Vista home-ports in Miami. I booked the Ocean Suite months ago specifically because they were selling out quickly and I wanted a special cruise/stateroom to celebrate DH's retirement and birthday.

Also, the Manhattan port is a relatively easy drive for us - no flying required. Love that.:D

Hoping to read more of your experiences in the Mediterranean and all Vista had to offer.

Great pictures... Thank you for taking the time to post. I just joined CC and wanted to say we will be staying in an OS September of this year on Vista and I had been itching to see some real pictures and review of the stateroom size and balcony. As a new Carnival cruiser this is so exciting! Happy to also hear you and the others who posted so far have had pleasant experiences and no problems from the promenade deck below! Still a bit perplexed about hearing the suite perks that are in the grands only but hey what do I know! Lol. :)