Marina - how does the overhang affect deck 11 balcony?

goldengatecruisers

Hello Oceania cruisers. I have a quick question regarding deck 11 on Marina. This will be our second Oceania voyage, having previously enjoyed PH7133 on Riviera with the deep extended balcony. For an upcoming voyage the choices are limited and available penthouses are on deck 11. From experience can anyone share with me how the overhang affects the balconies on deck 11. From photographs it appears the overhang is rather prominent and we were worried about not getting enough light to the room. We tend to enjoy our suite on sea days and make great use of our balcony but we have concern the natural light will be limited. I have tried to find photographs and youtube videos showing the interior and balcony of deck 11 accommodations but I haven't been able to answer my question yet. Your experiences and thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.

Ashley

The overhang is great if you are in the Caribbean or somewhere hot. The shade provided means you can use your balcony even in the heat of the afternoon. However, taking a picture is complicated. The overhang alway shows. In the past we have always gone deck 11, but are trying 10 for our next cruise in the Caribbean.

We were in PH 11035 in March. The overhang was quite large. We were in the shade on our deck but that was fine as we were in the Caribbean and did not want full sun. The only problem was you could hear noise and chairs scraping above on the pool deck. It was nice to have the PH lounge close by to get a latte or use the computer.

Hello Oceania cruisers. I have a quick question regarding deck 11 on Marina. This will be our second Oceania voyage, having previously enjoyed PH7133 on Riviera with the deep extended balcony. For an upcoming voyage the choices are limited and available penthouses are on deck 11. From experience can anyone share with me how the overhang affects the balconies on deck 11. From photographs it appears the overhang is rather prominent and we were worried about not getting enough light to the room. We tend to enjoy our suite on sea days and make great use of our balcony but we have concern the natural light will be limited. I have tried to find photographs and youtube videos showing the interior and balcony of deck 11 accommodations but I haven't been able to answer my question yet. Your experiences and thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.

Ashley

b_031705.jpg

The above photograph, although taken to portray the way that the Penthouse Verandas' may adjoin by opening a door in the divider, shows the extent of the overhang quite well. The distance from the railing to the edge of the overhang is about 6 feet. This is a second view:

b_121554.jpg

Having been in a PH on Deck 11on Marina, I would try for one on Deck 10. I like to be able to go out at night and see stars. Can't look up on Deck 11. Just my opinion.

You guys are great. Thank you for the info and for the photos. After I had posted, I remembered the 'search forum' function and did a search. Low and behold I had asked a similar question a couple of years back when I sailed on Riviera. My memory is clearly not as good as it was! LOL For that trip we removed ourselves from the higher deck and switched to deck 7 and stayed in #7133 with the deep balcony. For the Marina cruise we are confirmed on deck 11 Aft in a PH2 but I have asked my TA to be on the lookout for deck 10. We will be cruising around South America and want to ensure we can enjoy the Chilean Fjords from the balcony and it seems that we would not be able to look up and see the majesty of the scenery because of the extended overhang. But if no suite becomes available and we remain in our current deck 11 location we will still be very happy!

I appreciate the prompt replies.

Ashley

Edited by goldengatecruisers