Family suites?

JoRoy218

The Star does have two family suites, D105 and D106 on Dolphin deck. They are not as well appointed as other suites and are basically a mini-suite and an inside cabin where the sitting room of the mini-suite is twice as large and the balcony is twice as large as a mini-suite. You get full suite privileges such as a mini-bar set-up, breakfast at Sabatini's, free specialty restaurant dinner on embarkation day, free laundry and the rest. There is a door that separates the inside cabin from the sitting area but the mini-suite sleeping area is open to the sitting area. The balcony can be very windy when the Star is underway. I believe that for pricing you need to call Princess or your travel agent.

Edited by IECalCruiser

I appreciate feedback IECal -- after searching for a family suite on Star for all Alaska cruises May-Aug 2017, I see there are none available. Not a surprise with only two. Was wondering now about adjoining cabins -- will just have to call Princess directly. Thanks again!

I appreciate feedback IECal -- after searching for a family suite on Star for all Alaska cruises May-Aug 2017, I see there are none available. Not a surprise with only two. Was wondering now about adjoining cabins -- will just have to call Princess directly. Thanks again!

You won't find them online, if that's where you have been searching. You have to contact Princess directly (or ask your TA to do it). The family suites aren't available on the "open market", they're by special request only.

Unfortunately, other than the family suite, there are no connecting cabins on the Star. However, the Coral and Island do have connecting balcony cabins on Aloha deck. Those cabins are also very near the youth center if your children are interested in participating. Because of the modifications made to the Island during her latest drydock, I would strongly recommend the Coral. When you look at the deck plans online you just select the Connecting cabins option on the left side to see the cabins.

Was wondering now about adjoining cabins

Be aware that, in the hotel industry, adjoining is not the same as connecting. Adjoining means next door. Connecting means there is a door between them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app