Not a great start to Pride June 19th sailing

We just got off the Pride this morning. If you think it was bad getting on, you should have been on board yesterday. Very rough high seas and lots of green people (and they were not Dr Suess characters) and sea sickness bags at the elevators. We were really rolling yesterday and into the eveining and glad that they slowed down. Disembarkation does take awhile and it seems like it is even longer since many folks do the self assist. we made it off the ship and out of the terminal ok only to spend a couple of extra hours on the parkinig lot known as I95 South. Enjoy your vacation. The HUB application was great since we had 2 teenage grand daughters with us and they loved the social media package. Enjoy your trip.

In response to rkacruiser you are absolutely correct it is not the Chesapeake Bay that is the all the problem. But it shares the blame for being late. It is the weather up the East Coast that is the blame. But if the Pride gets to the mouth of the Bay late then because the Pride can only go so fast up the Bay that she gets in late all the time. This has been said many times on this board. Their are many reasons for arriving late and leaving late. At least once you are on the ship your vacation starts. Now just get back early next Sunday because I will be in the port waiting to get on. HAPPY SAILING!!!

HMMM getting ready to start a week long cruise and things get started an hour or so late -OR- not getting ready to go on a week long cruise? I think I'll take the first option thank you very much. Sounds like an example of a first world problem to me.

Sounds like you got on at a decent time. Wouldn't matter to me when we actually left port.

Also, my wife is glad you are on vacation. She said it sounds like you need it if you are going to take time to get on here and complain about a little delay. She said go have fun and don't worry about small things.

What, take the time... are you kidding.. the person is sitting in the terminal for almost 3 hours waiting, I think they would have the time to get on the internet... The OP is just pointing out that carnival had to know the ship was coming in late well before 10am in the morning and could have let people know ahead of time... that's it... I was going on the pride a year or so ago and they let us know the night before in a email... just seems they could have let people know a little sooner...

What, take the time... are you kidding.. the person is sitting in the terminal for almost 3 hours waiting, I think they would have the time to get on the internet... The OP is just pointing out that carnival had to know the ship was coming in late well before 10am in the morning and could have let people know ahead of time... that's it... I was going on the pride a year or so ago and they let us know the night before in a email... just seems they could have let people know a little sooner...

Not kidding at all. Someone is about to go on vacation, and they think to come here and complain about a small delay. Just good the person is going on vacation. Seems like they really need it.

But it's not like they sat there till 9pm waiting to board. They still boarded within normal boarding times. Hardly an inconvenience.

I have sailed out of Baltimore twice. First time was a breeze! Second, boat was an hour late coming in. Was on board by 3pm, not really a big deal. I do have a solution to the problem though! Leave Freeport 2 hours earlier. Really not much there anyway.

Have been on the Pride 5-6 times. Getting on board around 1pm is the norm. One time the ship had just arrived in port (we arrived early) when we pulled in. It had to dodge a hurricane coming back. We did not board until just before 4pm (and it was Ravens vs Steelers, they kept announcing the score in the terminal).

We're lucky that we only live 20 minutes from the port but always check the ship tracker to make sure there are no delays before leaving.

Baltimore Inner Harbor with all its attractions and restaurants is 10 minutes away from the cruise terminal. If I had received notice that boarding will be delayed, I would have turned my car around and go get some Faidleys crab cake.

Carnival did drop the ball on letting folks know the ship would be late getting in.

We were on the Woodwind sailing near the Bay Bridge last night. We saw the Pride sail under the bridge at about 7 or a little after. It was a beautiful night for sailing, there was a beautiful sunset, and there was a full moon. Those all should make up for a little delay.

True, Carnival should of sent out the delay notice earlier. However, I see others post, "I was at the the port at 10:00..." I've been on a lot of cruises and I've never booked one that started at 10:00am.

No wonder Carnival sees a need for staggered check-in.