Alaskan Journey on Explorer of the Seas

Comedy by Mike Pace. He was on from Seattle to Juneau then went to the Celebrity ship.

Thanks. We didn't see Mike Pace but I believe I found the name of the one I am speaking of - Kivi Rogers. Hilarious. He kicked a nasty heckler out of the theater and the crowd roared!

This brings back some good memories. Your pics are wonderful. This makes me want to books another Alaska cruises. Maybe when I get on Oasis OTS next year. :D

Thanks! I followed and appreciated your thread before we sailed.

Very nice review, thank you for all of the helpful information in the ports and in Seattle. Saving this for future planning. Alaska is on our radar but haven't had the opportunity to get there yet

Very nice review, thank you for all of the helpful information in the ports and in Seattle. Saving this for future planning. Alaska is on our radar but haven't had the opportunity to get there yet

It was my pleasure and I do hope you get there!

Great review. Thank you for sharing your experiences, and the pics are wonderful. We will be going to Alaska for the first time next month on the Norwegian Pearl, definitely looking forward to it! We live in Seattle and have been to the Caribbean 6 times already...it's about time we paid a visit to our backyard neighbor :)

Great review. Thank you for sharing your experiences, and the pics are wonderful. We will be going to Alaska for the first time next month on the Norwegian Pearl, definitely looking forward to it! We live in Seattle and have been to the Caribbean 6 times already...it's about time we paid a visit to our backyard neighbor :)

Thanks for your comments. I so love your city. Enjoy your sailing!

Thank you so much for your review. We leave to go on the Explorer today for tomorrow. We are really excited after reading your review.

You are welcome. I know you will love your journey to the Last Frontier -- it is amazing!

Just a quick question if I may...

We have done Alaska before on Radiance and I am just wondering if you sailed the inside passage going southbound also heading to Victoria or went out into open ocean? Alaska is my personal favorite to date !! Glad you enjoyed...

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We will be sailing on Explorer next year to Alaska & your review just makes us more anxious for next June to come! I have bookmarked your review and sent it on to all my family members that will be joining me :D

I have a question about Explorer. We have sailed several times on sister ship Mariner & wondered if Explorer re-purposed the Dragons Lair nightclub (as it was called on Mariner, not sure what it is called on Explorer) into another venue? It was very popular with my daughter & nephew.

Loved your stateroom! We are trying out the new virtual balcony interior staterooms on our sailing. We have never had an interior stateroom before, let alone a virtual balcony room, so this is going to be an experience for our group. We figured we would all be up topside to catch the panoramic views anyway so we decided against a regular balcony cabin:rolleyes:...at least that is what we are telling ourselves. Hopefully, we didn't make a mistake.:(

Thanks again! Your pictures are gorgeous! (btw, my daughter & her BF will be sailing with you in Sept. on Explorer's Pacific Coastal. Sure wish I was going too!!!)

Just a quick question if I may...

We have done Alaska before on Radiance and I am just wondering if you sailed the inside passage going southbound also heading to Victoria or went out into open ocean? Alaska is my personal favorite to date !! Glad you enjoyed...

According to the sailing map it was via the inside passage going north and via open water South to Victoria.

Really enjoyed your review. We are booked in the same room for our cruise next year. Those pictures are they of your room? Was just the two of you in the room? Thanks again for a great review.

You are welcome. Yes, those are photos of our cabin 1388. It was just the two of us. Sooooo roomy.

I never get tried of looking at pictures from Alaska cruises. Your pictures are beautiful :)

What type of camera do you have??

Thanks. Most photos were taken with a Nikon D3300. A few with a Canon PowerShot point and shoot.

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We will be sailing on Explorer next year to Alaska & your review just makes us more anxious for next June to come! I have bookmarked your review and sent it on to all my family members that will be joining me :D

I have a question about Explorer. We have sailed several times on sister ship Mariner & wondered if Explorer re-purposed the Dragons Lair nightclub (as it was called on Mariner, not sure what it is called on Explorer) into another venue? It was very popular with my daughter & nephew.

Loved your stateroom! We are trying out the new virtual balcony interior staterooms on our sailing. We have never had an interior stateroom before, let alone a virtual balcony room, so this is going to be an experience for our group. We figured we would all be up topside to catch the panoramic views anyway so we decided against a regular balcony cabin:rolleyes:...at least that is what we are telling ourselves. Hopefully, we didn't make a mistake.:(

Thanks again! Your pictures are gorgeous! (btw, my daughter & her BF will be sailing with you in Sept. on Explorer's Pacific Coastal. Sure wish I was going too!!!)

Thanks for the comments. The former nightclub space is now Giovanni's on the upper floor and cabins on the lower floor. Can't wait for the Pacific Northwest cruise. We took one last year on Jewel and loved it. I bet they have an available cabin for you!

Thanks for the comments. The former nightclub space is now Giovanni's on the upper floor and cabins on the lower floor. Can't wait for the Pacific Northwest cruise. We took one last year on Jewel and loved it. I bet they have an available cabin for you!

Thanks for the information! We like Giovanni's even better than the nightclub!LOL We were on Jewel too last October for a Pacific Coastal. Loved the cruise & really loved the ship! I'm trying to think of a way to get away from work so I can join you all on that Sept. 30th cruise....;)

Thanks again!

Judy

Las Vegas, NV

• 2 weeks later...

It appears that we were on the same cruise ... wasn't it terrific? Thanks for the review and the great photos. I just uploaded some photos to my review (on the main site?), all of which were taken with my Samsung Galaxy S5. While I wish I had a camera like yours, it's amazing the quality one gets with a cellphone camera!

It appears that we were on the same cruise ... wasn't it terrific? Thanks for the review and the great photos. I just uploaded some photos to my review (on the main site?), all of which were taken with my Samsung Galaxy S5. While I wish I had a camera like yours, it's amazing the quality one gets with a cellphone camera!

Yes, it was an awesome sailing. Would love to do it every year!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! Thanks for your wonderful review and beautiful pictures!

Cafe Promenade - Is the coffee, pastries and sandwiches all complimentary? I'm assuming that Ben and Jerry's is not? And is the cafe open 24 hrs?

Victoria - How far is downtown from the port, and is it easily walkable? Did you have to book the castle tour ahead of time? We're just going downtown with really no plans in mind...just walking and hanging around ;-)

Cafe Promenade - Is the coffee, pastries and sandwiches all complimentary? I'm assuming that Ben and Jerry's is not? And is the cafe open 24 hrs?...

Food and regular coffee are complimentary. Ben & Jerry's is extra cost. Open almost 24 hours, they may close for an hour or so in the middle of the night.

Hello! Thanks for your wonderful review and beautiful pictures!

Cafe Promenade - Is the coffee, pastries and sandwiches all complimentary? I'm assuming that Ben and Jerry's is not? And is the cafe open 24 hrs?

Victoria - How far is downtown from the port, and is it easily walkable? Did you have to book the castle tour ahead of time? We're just going downtown with really no plans in mind...just walking and hanging around ;-)

Thanks for your comments.

I see the Café Promenade and B&Js questions were answered. I have read downtown Victoria is about a 40-minute walk from the cruise port - way too far for us to walk and we took the shuttle bus. Once we got to downtown, the castle was quite a walk. We had no prior reservations. DS and family took the shuttle bus to town and then the little water taxi over to Fisherman's Wharf which is fantastic and a short walk to the ship. We will do that next time (September!). Enjoy!