Voyager out of Hong Kong

Hi,

We have decided to take the fam (mum, dad and 4 young adults/teenagers) on a 5 day cruise out of Hong Kong in September, We are new to cruising and my 20 year old DD is asking about Language of announcements on an asian trip, I am assuming they will make english as a major language?

Could anyone give us any feed back re an Asian cruising experience and tips that would be helpful.

Hi,

We have decided to take the fam (mum, dad and 4 young adults/teenagers) on a 5 day cruise out of Hong Kong in September, We are new to cruising and my 20 year old DD is asking about Language of announcements on an asian trip, I am assuming they will make english as a major language?

Could anyone give us any feed back re an Asian cruising experience and tips that would be helpful.

Voyager is set up for the Asian market out of Hong Kong. All crew will speak English and announcements will be in English and a few other languages.

Western food will be available but the Windjammer Buffet will focus more to towards Chinese foods. Western and Chinese dishes available in the Main Dinning Room.

Johnny Rockets also on board Voyager.

Voyager is set up for the Asian market out of Hong Kong. All crew will speak English and announcements will be in English and a few other languages.

Western food will be available but the Windjammer Buffet will focus more to towards Chinese foods. Western and Chinese dishes available in the Main Dinning Room.

Johnny Rockets also on board Voyager.

Thanks for confirming what I thought and was hoping, she was happy to hear your reply and I excited to hear the menus are more Asian inspired, I had read that most menus where the same. We have travelled i Asia before, just never cruised.

Your cruise is listed as a cultural enriching cruise. We are sailing on the Ovation out of Honk Kong as well. Our cruise is not listed as a cultural but I received a call from RC yesterday and they are saying now it is and because of that English will be the second language and everything will be geared towards the Asian market, food etc. but you will be able to also get western food.

Your cruise is listed as a cultural enriching cruise. We are sailing on the Ovation out of Honk Kong as well. Our cruise is not listed as a cultural but I received a call from RC yesterday and they are saying now it is and because of that English will be the second language and everything will be geared towards the Asian market, food etc. but you will be able to also get western food.

Thanks, I still cant find the cultural enriching, stuff but that is all cool, love the idea of a cruise being relevant to the region.

We were told that our cruise on Voyager from Beijing to Singapore would be a cultural enriching cruise experience due to the number of Chinese on board. It wasn't!!

The only language was English and there were only a handful of Chinese.

Most passengers were from Australia, Britton and the USA.!

We were told that our cruise on Voyager from Beijing to Singapore would be a cultural enriching cruise experience due to the number of Chinese on board. It wasn't!!

The only language was English and there were only a handful of Chinese.

Most passengers were from Australia, Britton and the USA.!

I was/am expecting the land side to be the more cultural experience, but saying that we will make the most of any extras offered :):):)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

We just came back from a 5 day cruise on Voyager. There are no issues at all with Language, all the crew speak good English. Announcements are in both English and Mandarin. The crew were excellent, I think they appreciated English speaking people who showed them some courtesy.

60 to 70% of passengers on our cruise were from Mainland China and the other 25 % or so from HK so be prepared at feeding time, as they queue early and are very noisy and pushy, particularly on day 1 and tour days. Windjammer resto is always full and on the second night we paid to eat at Chops so that we could eat in a relaxed environment. Things seemed to settle down after that, but if you are expecting peace and quite then be prepared.

We are Aussies who live and work in HK and even we were taken aback.

But enjoy the cruise, talk to the staff and have a laugh with them as they are lovely people.

BTW - we booked another cruise from HK so it did not scare us too much :)

We just came back from a 5 day cruise on Voyager. There are no issues at all with Language, all the crew speak good English. Announcements are in both English and Mandarin. The crew were excellent, I think they appreciated English speaking people who showed them some courtesy.

60 to 70% of passengers on our cruise were from Mainland China and the other 25 % or so from HK so be prepared at feeding time, as they queue early and are very noisy and pushy, particularly on day 1 and tour days. Windjammer resto is always full and on the second night we paid to eat at Chops so that we could eat in a relaxed environment. Things seemed to settle down after that, but if you are expecting peace and quite then be prepared.

We are Aussies who live and work in HK and even we were taken aback.

But enjoy the cruise, talk to the staff and have a laugh with them as they are lovely people.

BTW - we booked another cruise from HK so it did not scare us too much :)

Thanks for the heads up, we have done parts of Asia (including HK) in the past, will be interesting seeing how the kids cope, if things become to hectic we can always get room service and we are planning a speciality dinner on the last sea day. We have booked tours for the land days as we dont really have long in the ports and we want to make the most of them :).