Athens - hotel with rooftop breakfast?

carlmm

I would like to ask for a hotel recommendation.

I am looking for a hotel that serves breakfast on the rooftop with Acropolis view. I have found several with rooftop terasses or bars but I am specificially interested in breakfast.

Otherwise the hotel might be basic.

We just came back from Athens last week. We stayed at the Athens Gate Hotel. Their breakfast is on the rooftop looking right at the Acropolis. The staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. It is centrally located. You can walk to most places you would want to visit. Our taxi driver said we made an excellent choice.

As luck would have it I have stayed at both the Athens Gate (twice) and Grande Bretagne. The Grande Bretagne is great for a splurge and their breakfast on the roof is hard to beat.

However, Athens Gate has the better location and if budget is part of the picture, I'd go with them. They do a fine breakfast and the location and views are excellent. It's just not Opulence with a capital "O" like the GB.

• 2 weeks later...