Choice Air experience

After reading these posts, I understand Air2Sea seems to rely more on American Airlines-especially for international flights, which would explain why there is absolutely NO difference (in fact A2S is higher) on a one-way Barcelona-Atlanta search from Delta website. Sure, better prices are on American, I just prefer Delta. I wonder why Air2Sea doesn't partner with Delta? And, why does Air2Sea offer airline choices, when they don't partner with those choices? Or maybe I'm searching it all wrong.....

I don't think there is a reliance on a particular airline. It might seem so, depending on what airports are chosen. However, when I look at STL->BCN, I see flights from Air Canada, Air France, American, British, Delta, Iberia, Lufthansa, and United.

I just did a quick search on our September 23 cruise on Brilliance leaving CLW on 9/20. I clicked on Delta in the drop down menu and it brought up many flights.........though they have 2 stops from CLE to BCN.

You could call Air2Sea and have them check with Delta as to whether they can book a particular flight 1-800-533-7803. Never hurts to ask.

Calling is an excellent idea.

One time we were trying to book STL->BCN and all that the website showed were 2 stop flights. I found that if we went earlier and had a longer layover, we could do the same trip with one stop. I called ChoiceAir and they gave us the one stop routing for the same price.

I agree Delta is not "partnered" with A2S...or at least not with discounted flights. I cannot get DL to come up with any flights on A2S that I try to search. It tells me "no flights". So recently I picked up the phone and called them. Told them the DL flights I was looking for. They were able to price them...but the price was higher than listed on the DL website. This was for one way international. Although I understand other people from my city have had success on international one-way flights.

Edited by skiiergirl

I agree Delta is not "partnered" with A2S...or at least not with discounted flights. I cannot get DL to come up with any flights on A2S that I try to search. It tells me "no flights". So recently I picked up the phone and called them. Told them the DL flights I was looking for. They were able to price them...but the price was higher than listed on the DL website. This was for one way international. Although I understand other people from my city have had success on international one-way flights.

Could be that Air2Sea ran out of their allocation of Delta tickets for that flight.

After reading these posts, I understand Air2Sea seems to rely more on American Airlines-especially for international flights, which would explain why there is absolutely NO difference (in fact A2S is higher) on a one-way Barcelona-Atlanta search from Delta website. Sure, better prices are on American, I just prefer Delta. I wonder why Air2Sea doesn't partner with Delta? And, why does Air2Sea offer airline choices, when they don't partner with those choices? Or maybe I'm searching it all wrong.....

If you are looking a long ways out I have noticed that ChoiceAir (Air2Sea) pricing on Delta drops around 7-9 months in advance of the flight date. I think Delta does not issue bulk/consolidator pricing as early some other airlines.

If you are looking a long ways out I have noticed that ChoiceAir (Air2Sea) pricing on Delta drops around 7-9 months in advance of the flight date. I think Delta does not issue bulk/consolidator pricing as early some other airlines.

This has been my experience as well with additional flights being added. Also, pricing is highest when itineraries are first published on the ChoiceAir site. There is a certain period of time when they do drop, but then will increase closer to departure. You really have to check prices daily.

Edited by cruisenfever

Could be that Air2Sea ran out of their allocation of Delta tickets for that flight.

Maybe they hadn't been issued yet but doubt they had "ran out" since we were looking within hours of DL opening the flights for booking.

This has been my experience as well with additional flights being added. Also, pricing is highest when itineraries are first published on the ChoiceAir site. There is a certain period of time when they do drop, but then will increase closer to departure. You really have to check prices daily.

That is probably our problem. We always look immediately when the airline opens the bookings. Afraid to take the chance that the flights we want won't be available or that prices will go up to much!!!! On occasion....but rarely....do we wait to book 7-9 months out. We usually book right at the 11 month mark. Although we have been known to wait until 6 weeks prior to cruise to book but that is a very, very, very rare occasion.

We used Air2Sea to purchase our flights for our upcoming cruise. We usually book our cruises far in advance and we buy RCCL's Cruise Care Insurance. Cruise Care covers your airline tickets if they are purchased through the cruise line. Once in the past when we had to cancel a cruise after final payment for medical reasons, Cruise Care was wonderful!