Grand Duplex cabins on QM2

Winchester Ranger

It seems like every time I take a look at TA crossings on QM2 I always take a peek at the Grand Duplex pricing to see if they are offering them with a 90% discount.

For TA crossings I'm solo because I'm traveling and not cruising (which would always be with my significant other) - so if I was crazy enough to solo TA in a Grand Duplex it would price out at $64,000 (or roughly 44,000 pounds sterling), or put another way it's $8,000 a day.

I wonder if I would be the first solo to ever book it ? Oh well, for those of you who have booked that class of cabin you have my admiration, and did you find it worth the money ?

It seems like every time I take a look at TA crossings on QM2 I always take a peek at the Grand Duplex pricing to see if they are offering them with a 90% discount.

For TA crossings I'm solo because I'm traveling and not cruising (which would always be with my significant other) - so if I was crazy enough to solo TA in a Grand Duplex it would price out at $64,000 (or roughly 44,000 pounds sterling), or put another way it's $8,000 a day.

I wonder if I would be the first solo to ever book it ? Oh well, for those of you who have booked that class of cabin you have my admiration, and did you find it worth the money ?

I didn't book it, but Cunard upgraded me into the Balmoral duplex (Q1) on QM2 a couple of years ago. It was a little weird having 2,200 square feet of space all to myself, not to mention three bathrooms.

I would never book it as a solo unless I was doing a world cruise (though the duplexes get booked quite quickly when WC are announced). It's amazing, but excessive for one person on a shorter voyage.

Nonetheless, it was an experience I'll never forget. More than made up for Belmond cancelling my Orient Express journey (which is why I ended up on QM2 - beat staying in London for half a week).

If one has to look at the price, one most likely should not be booking that category. Those suites are for those who simply CAN!

Up to $45,000 solo/double on a summer TA and approximately $600,000 for a full WC (both AUD).

Edited by Austcruiser84

Priced up a Queen Mary 2 world cruise for 2017 or 2018 I forget which and the price for a solo traveller for 4 months on a full world cruise was £293,000 !!!!!!!

Definately for those that can - and if I could I certainly would !!!!!!!!!