Room changes after boarding

We are going on a group cruise next year and booked a drinker in a room with kids so he could get Cheers. Once on board and after Cheers is purchased can his wife get her S & S card changed to his room without purchasing Cheers or does it have to be a room key only? She will be switching with one of the children. It is a key only then will her S and S account show up on their television or can she set up her account with husbands?

I've searched the forum and some say extra room key only and some say official change. She isn't too keen on 2 keys but if it saves her buying Cheers she will do it. Hoping to hear from people who've actually done it.

I hope this makes sense. Thanks 😃

She can get extra keys to the cabin and sleep there, no problem.

No official switching once onboard.

Even if this was allowed, she will be charged the CHEERS package for being an extra adult in that cabin/

Otherwise lots of people will use this to share cheers

We are going on a group cruise next year and booked a drinker in a room with kids so he could get Cheers. Once on board and after Cheers is purchased can his wife get her S & S card changed to his room without purchasing Cheers or does it have to be a room key only? She will be switching with one of the children. It is a key only then will her S and S account show up on their television or can she set up her account with husbands?

I've searched the forum and some say extra room key only and some say official change. She isn't too keen on 2 keys but if it saves her buying Cheers she will do it. Hoping to hear from people who've actually done it.

I hope this makes sense. Thanks

First, this in and of itself makes NO sense.

Second, you will not be able to officially swap wifey back into the room after exploiting the one-adult-in-a-cabin loophole for CHEERS. She'll have to live with the burden of a key-only card for cabin access to the drinker. When she wants to check her S&S account, she'll have to go back to the TV in the cabin she was originally booked.

Otherwise, she'll get nailed for the CHEERS package. You wont hear from others who have done it because it hasn't happened.

Such is the price to pay for using children as "liquor coupons".

I hope this makes sense. Thanks

We have done this on a few cruise as only one of us drinks. My kids also prefer an inside cabin so they can sleep during the day. You will however have to carry two room keys. You can link the spouse to the sail and sign when you do your online checkin. Once onboard she can get a second room key for her husbands room at guest services. She can also check her S&S at the kiosks near guest services.

Edited by sjd_boston