Carnival Australia

JJCruisn

Hello, I am new to the boards and I tried searching about this topic first but I couldn't find the answer I was looking for. My question is, why is Carnival Australia separate from the main carnival website? I have always considered taking a Australian cruise and I prefer to cruise with carnival. Do my VIFP points count towards those cruises and likewise if I book a Australia cruise will I get VIFP points? I really wish carnival had more destinations it sailed to world wide, thanks.

Not 100% sure as to why there is a different website, but it may have something to do with pricing and structure of fees?

With Carnival, you have an option to pre pay gratuities. With Carnival Australia, there is no gratuities. The fares cover the wage of the staff if that makes sense (so yes, cruises may seem a little higher than the US). Maybe Australian dollar as well??

Other differences include no FTTF, cannot pre book excursions, bubbles package and no Cheers program.

These are just some differences between the US and Aus experience that I have noticed.

As to VIFP points, they are valid. You do earn them on both Carnival Australia and Carnival. There is only the one VIFP program.

Oh and if you do decided to book, Carnival Australia has had staggered boarding from the moment they arrived in Australia. So make sure you select your time asap.

Carnival Australia is a different Carnival Corporation brand within the Company just as Carnival Cruise Lines, Cunard, Holland America Line, etc. is. The Company is trying to appeal to Australians as opposed to other nationalities. But, as is true on all cruise ships currently, one will find an international mix of clients.

If you like a somewhat smaller vessel (1200-1300 guests), you might want to consider P & O Australia's "new" Pacific Aria and Pacific Eden. They were recently transferred to P & O Australia from HAL where they served as the Ryndam and Statendam. Prior to entering P & O Australia service, they received upgrades and modifications for their new service.