Navigator - Southampton, upgrade from select and MDR menus ?

Hi

We are on Navigator in August and like many have the Select package included in the cruise price. Anyone have recent experience of the cost to upgrade to Premium and also to Ultimate ? Searches reveal many different prices on different ships and I wondered if anyone has done it in the last couple of weeks on Navigator ?

Also I understand the MDR menus vary from the usual Caribbean menus. Anyone have any photos or scans of menus please ?

Lastly any " dailies " copies? Trying to see if these vary as its from UK. Looking to see what my 19 yo son can do to keep amused :)

From what I understand, the beverage package prices can vary cruise to cruise, so you won't really know the exact prices until you board. Figure around $10 per day to upgrade to Premium and around $20 per day to upgrade to Ultimate, plus or minus a few dollars per day.

Though not Navigator, we had select within our package out of southampton on Ovation of the seas.

Cost to upgrade to Premium was $20 per person, per day.

Worth it for the cocktails!

Strange as the upgrade from Select to Premium shows as $15 on Royal's site and that's what I paid on Anthem out of Southampton last year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone ! Its my first time on RC as usually cruise with Carnival and Disney, and im find the inconsistency in pricing and consistency maddening. Im also used to Carnivals price drops up to almost leaving - whereas RC dont after final payment. Im hoping however the beauty of the ships and activities for my teenage kids will sway it for us ! I'll keep an open mind :)

Edited by densol

Strange as the upgrade from Select to Premium shows as $15 on Royal's site and that's what I paid on Anthem out of Southampton last year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's the problem, they keep moving the goal posts.

• 1 month later...

The RC phone agents are insisting I cannot upgrade from [complimentary] Select to Premium once on board, but the message boards would indicate otherwise. Do the phone agents just not know?

When I log in to my account, the Select package is not even showing. Perhaps that's because we had a travel agent handle our group booking?

Thanks.

The RC phone agents are insisting I cannot upgrade from [complimentary] Select to Premium once on board, but the message boards would indicate otherwise. Do the phone agents just not know?

When I log in to my account, the Select package is not even showing. Perhaps that's because we had a travel agent handle our group booking?

Thanks.

Yes, the phone agents frequently don't know the polices onboard.

The Select package not showing up in your Cruise Planner is something RC has decided not to offer pre-cruise on your sailing, it has nothing to do with your group booking.

Edited by clarea

Thanks.

It would be on the invoice. My free Select didnt show anywhere on the UK front web page screen that sets out details of your cruise etc

Yes, it is on my invoice, thankfully. But the phone agent knew nothing about it (or much at all in fact), and the package doesn't show up in my online account, even after going through all of online checkin. (@clarea, that's what I meant - it's not in my personal RCCL account - not that it doesn't show up as an option to buy.)

Anyway I will hope for the best upon boarding :).

Thanks!

Edited by gramercygirl

For 14 nights out of Southampton (returned 7th Aug) it cost me $232 to upgrade each package to premium around $16.50 per day.

Select package was $45 pd premium was $59 pd

Hi how come 16.50 if the difference was only $14?

Did you enjoy the cruise? Thanks for the info.

Just to add to this....

We are sailing on Navigator next August, and ive just checked my invoice, and found i can see the Allinclusive on there, even though I couldnt see it on online.

So then thought id enquire about udgrading from Select drinks to Premium....

First up they told me I could not do this until I got on board.....

Told CS I had heard someone else had been told they couldnt upgrade on board, and she told me that was incorrect.

Also said she couldnt tell me the price, as it could change but would be roughly $40 per person per day.....*** ????

Will try again tomorrowI guess, and then at regular intervals until I speak to someone with a brain, and some idea what is correct :confused:

You might still not get the right answer regardless of how many times you call - save yourself the frustration and don't call. Even when you get on board you may have to ask 2 or 3 times before you get a satisfying answer.

You might still not get the right answer regardless of how many times you call - save yourself the frustration and don't call. Even when you get on board you may have to ask 2 or 3 times before you get a satisfying answer.

LOl, that should make my ever so patient partner happy :)

Im happy to pay to upgrade her to Premium, as she doesnt drink beer, but...

Annyoingly our children get the All inclusive too, as we have booked two cabins for the space, but the youngest one is too young to have anything at all !! So her all inclusive goes to waste really.... Shame they cant be a bit flexible and say, oh so one of your party is having nothing, we will just tip this in your favour a bit and convert one of the others to a Premium.

This I guess is where personal service gets lost in crusing. Most successful businesses in the world prosper via flexibility and give and take. Cruising it seems, whilst lovely, and enjoyable, and very relaxing, is all take take take..

Bottom line Id just like to know for sure, and Id like to pay for it now.....they could have my cash in the bank, fo rth enext 12 months.....fine by me :/

Hi

Also I understand the MDR menus vary from the usual Caribbean menus. Anyone have any photos or scans of menus please ?

Hi- In terms of the Menu, one thing I noticed (and was backed up by one of our servers) was that several changes in the MDR menu are made for Southampton sailings in particular to cater for "English" tastes. This meant every night two Indian dishes on offer. Fine if you like curries but certainly repetitive and for someone like me that does not enjoy Indian food found the menu somewhat more limited...

Annyoingly our children get the All inclusive too, as we have booked two cabins for the space, but the youngest one is too young to have anything at all !! So her all inclusive goes to waste really.... Shame they cant be a bit flexible and say, oh so one of your party is having nothing, we will just tip this in your favour a bit and convert one of the others to a Premium.

This I guess is where personal service gets lost in crusing. Most successful businesses in the world prosper via flexibility and give and take. Cruising it seems, whilst lovely, and enjoyable, and very relaxing, is all take take take..

Bottom line Id just like to know for sure, and Id like to pay for it now.....they could have my cash in the bank, fo rth enext 12 months.....fine by me :/

Hi, the kids should get the soda package, I believe...:-)

Neither does mine so we downgraded her to the replenish package (free) to get the specialty coffees. That took three people to accomplish (after getting two "no, we can't do that" answers on board).

Neither does mine so we downgraded her to the replenish package (free) to get the specialty coffees. That took three people to accomplish (after getting two "no, we can't do that" answers on board).

Oh dear she doesnt drink coffee either ....but interesting to know you can do that....

Our elder son will love his soda package, and i have visions of him bubbling up and bursting, but as he rarely has soda at home I will turn a blind eye :)

Our youngest will still be on her milk and water, as just a baby, so we wont be making any use of her package whatsoever. Thats where I would have liked them to be able to be a bit flexible / accomodating and be able to say, ok as you arent using that, and we have already accounted for it we will put it towards upgrading the drinks for the lady....fat chance I guess,