Snorkeling Excursions

starskyfan

Can anyone tell me if it's easy to get a snorkel excursion on the spur of the moment, or is it important to book in advance? I'm thinking by the time we decide what we want to do, the ships tours are likely to be sold out, so was wondering if it's easy to just walk up someplace (and where would that be) without a reservation and get on a boat. A reputable boat I might add (lol). Any suggestions or recommendations? Thanks in advance. Brenda

• 2 weeks later...

Similar question. I'm not seeing any type of snorkel excursion on our August Celebrity Summit cruise. I'm guessing I've got to go private?

Not interested in anything with a "follow the guide" with a lot of swimming, but more along the lines of stop above a reef, look around and climb back onboard. One of our party is not a strong swimmer but loves to look at fish, etc.

A half day, two or three spots would be ideal. Even better if they offer water, beer, rum punch on the way back.

Similar question. I'm not seeing any type of snorkel excursion on our August Celebrity Summit cruise. I'm guessing I've got to go private?

Not interested in anything with a "follow the guide" with a lot of swimming, but more along the lines of stop above a reef, look around and climb back onboard. One of our party is not a strong swimmer but loves to look at fish, etc.

A half day, two or three spots would be ideal. Even better if they offer water, beer, rum punch on the way back.

The Island Tour Centre at the Dockyard aggregates a number of private snorkeling excursions.

https://www.islandtourcentre.com/reservations/#category/367

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you sure Celebrity does not have any? They have had multiple catamaran sail and snorkel options in the past. Or consider going to St. George and snorkeling at Tobacco Bay. Perfect fro your not strong swimmers.

In the past we have done snorkel excursions and I have done the research on the net and called the one I was interested in from the pay phone at the dockyard, once we could tell what the weather was going to do.

Are you sure Celebrity does not have any? They have had multiple catamaran sail and snorkel options in the past.

Well, when you're a knucklehead and don't notice you left the Activity Level choice on Mild, they don't show up. :rolleyes:

Once I found them though, they're the same exact trips, offered by the same company, just $30 more because they're through the ship. If I was doing something the last day and cutting it close, I'd pay the extra.