Regis giving away cheap cruises?

christyd

This month on Regis and Kelley they are giving away cruises and airfare. Yesterday they gave away a 7 night caribbean Princes Cruise plus air. They said the value was $4,000. Doesn't that sound low for a cruise for two plus air? I realize they may be giving an inside cabin, but since it's a prize it would seem they would give them a "nice" room!

Not a big Regis fan since he dumped Kathy Lee but they gave away a Norwegian Coastal Voyages cruise with free air from CheapTickets.com this morning valued at $7500.

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Diamond Princess 12/22/04

Carnival Miracle 03/13/05

Sounds great to me, but if you win it and it's not up to your liking I'll gladly take it off your hands. icon_wink.gif

Debbie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;2;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Sapphire Princess 10/2/04

Carnival Destiny 2/8/04

Grand Princess 7/6/03

RCL - Nordic Empress 2/03 & 4/02

Crown Dynasty 7/00

Queen of Bermuda 7/87

Carnival - Mardi Gras 11/75

I didn't catch how long....See I had been watching Letterman last night and when I turned on the TV this morning Regis and whatever that new girl's name is was on. Before I could change the channel I saw the word "Cruise" really big on the screen so I halfway paid attention to it....long enough to find out that it would be people who had been hand picked for their sentimental TV value to get the cruises.

No way I would ever have a chance so I went back to FoxNews on that TV, CNN on another and so on.

This is more than you wanted to know right?

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Diamond Princess 12/22/04

Carnival Miracle 03/13/05

They list the full brochure price that nobody ever pays. Makes it sound better.

One catch is you have to pay taxes on the amount of the cruise they claim. My parents won an alaska cruise several years ago on a Wheel of Fortune contest and were surprised to find out what the cruise cost them in taxes.

Scott

Ahracer,

Do not know how long ago this was, but you can dispute the amount of a prize but providing proof to the IRS of the real value of an item won.

So if you lucky enough to win and they claim the value is $4000, but you can provide documentation that you could have purchased the same cruise for $2500 that is all you have to claim on your taxes (along with the documentation...ie quote from a travel agent).

Riverboatgambler is correct. To clarify, you need to document the actual value for the same category, ship and sail date.

As an FYI, any prize you've won anywhere with a value of $600 or more needs to be submitted to the IRS as MISC-1099 income. There's no such thing as a free lunch. icon_smile.gif

Song of Norway & Song of America, 1986-88; Royal Princess 2/99; Sun Princess 1/00; Ocean Princess 12/00; Royal Princess 4/01; Grand Princess 12/23/01; Sea Princess 2/9/02; Explorer of the Seas 12/21/02; Coral Princess 8/9/03; Nordic Empress 12/27/03.

-- Regal Princess (4/20/04) -- Roll Call

-- Caribbean Princess (12/26/04) -- Roll Call

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0099FF&cdt=2004;12;26;12;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

-- Royal Princess (4/21/05)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0099FF&cdt=2005;04;21;12;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

I won my first cruise with Princess on a local radio station, airfare also and I never had to pay any taxes on the trip which I thought was strange. Not going to complain about it. it was my first cruise ever and when we got back we booked another one with 2 weeks, we were on the Grand and now we are going on the Star 10/24/2004.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Not a big Regis fan since he dumped Kathy Lee <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chris,

I thought she dumped him to be the next 40 something Britney Spears?? Or was that the spin she put on it?

Bill

1a.jpg

Caribbean Princess Eastern Caribbean cruise page

Archived