Dream Laundry Rooms

• 5 weeks later...

Do they have detergent, etc available and if so is it part of the charge or do you have to buy it separately? I hope to be able to not do laundry on the ship, but with kids and they way they can go through clothes, I might have to do a load.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do they have detergent, etc available and if so is it part of the charge or do you have to buy it separately? I hope to be able to not do laundry on the ship, but with kids and they way they can go through clothes, I might have to do a load.

Yes it's there. But its a separate charge. I just bring a small ziploc bag of powdered detergent from home (and quarters too depending on which ship I'm on. Some ships you have to use quarters or your sign n sail card) With 4 kids, I always have do to do a 1-2 loads a cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I brought tide pods last time and they were wonderful for traveling!

There is also laundry on Lido deck by room 10262. We used it Friday morning. 3 problems with that. First, several others had same idea. Put laundry in and have breakfast steps away while watching other ships arrive etc. so at least 2 others looked in and saw just how many of us had sane idea. Second, the 10th floor room is very small. Third, one machine was malfunctioning. Not spinning. Guest services did refund the cost but the time was lost.

My wife and I do love to cruise frugally. That said, I think we would pay for a load of laundry to be done for us and billed to our account. And yes, that is an option. We burned more time than we had planned and faced more aggravation than we expected.