The Pride Love Affair Continues

dms1908

Thanks for your review !

We will be back on the Pride in October !!! :D Can't wait..

We have a Cabana booked for HMC , we've been there before but it will be our first time to Grand Turk :):)

We will be sailing the Pride in 12 days, our other 10 cruises have been out of Florida. Being only 20 minutes from the Port of Baltimore we decided to give it a go. Thanks for your review I really enjoyed reading it. I will follow up with one when I return.:):):):):):)

Thank you for your review! We are sailing on the Pride 27Nov2016. It is our first Carnival cruise, fifth overall. We are on deck 8, a balcony cabin midship, so I am hoping to avoid the shaking. I will, however, start my Bonine 2 days before we sail just to be safe.

Thank you for your review! We are sailing on the Pride 27Nov2016. It is our first Carnival cruise, fifth overall. We are on deck 8, a balcony cabin midship, so I am hoping to avoid the shaking. I will, however, start my Bonine 2 days before we sail just to be safe.

our first cruise was the pride on the 8th floor balcony mid ship it seemed like 50 ft from the steps that led to the ledo / food court there was no shaking that I can remember. we were a family of 4 it was a long walk taking the kids to camp (at front of ship) plus the embarkment went pretty fast we got there around 12 no fttf passes but didn't seem to need them (they say Baltimore port is one of the better ones)I don't have anything to compare it to yet in aug. we are on the conquest sounds like florida ports are very busy. Have a great time on a great ship!!!

our first cruise was the pride on the 8th floor balcony mid ship it seemed like 50 ft from the steps that led to the ledo / food court there was no shaking that I can remember. we were a family of 4 it was a long walk taking the kids to camp (at front of ship) plus the embarkment went pretty fast we got there around 12 no fttf passes but didn't seem to need them (they say Baltimore port is one of the better ones)I don't have anything to compare it to yet in aug. we are on the conquest sounds like florida ports are very busy. Have a great time on a great ship!!!

Thanks, that is very comforting, to know you were in a very similar location with no shaking. We have always sailed on the Disney Fantasty from Port Canaveral, and those ports are very busy. Disney has always had the staggered boarding, so I am used to that. We are looking forward to cruising from Baltimore, since we are close enough to drive to port...we normally fly out of BWI. We are very excited to try a new cruise line!

Thanks, that is very comforting, to know you were in a very similar location with no shaking. We have always sailed on the Disney Fantasty from Port Canaveral, and those ports are very busy. Disney has always had the staggered boarding, so I am used to that. We are looking forward to cruising from Baltimore, since we are close enough to drive to port...we normally fly out of BWI. We are very excited to try a new cruise line!
your gonna love it im sure its a great size no to meny people we are from silver spring md so this port is great. I am surprising the family with the christmas cruise on the Pride dec.18, come join us my advice play bingo i think i had new cruisers luck i won first and last days 750 &1000

Looks like its only for the months if january and february its going out of tampa then back to baltimore. Guessing because of thecold?:eek::eek:

Speaking of the cold...we sail 27NOV2016...it just occurred to me that it might be a tad chilly those first two days. I am guessing we will be swimming from day 3 on? Will the pool and water slide even be open when we board?

Cheers & Bottomless Bubbles - WORTH. EVERY. DIME. We would definitely get this again for the adults and the kids. I just looked at our printout and we apparently had 24 beverages in the first two days between the two adults! Yikes, our poor livers!!!! Oh well lots more water this week.  We also used our cards to get milkshakes for the kids on a couple of occasions as well as extra bottled water. The break even point for Cheers was about 5 or 6 drinks. We were free to try various drinks and move on if we didn’t like it because it was covered.

Oh No, sharing a Cheers Card. Where's the morality police? Maybe this is why both have to buy the package at Carnival as it is know, acknowledged , and a accepted practice to "get" items for others not covered by a card. Now I'm not a member of the police, but do think the rules under the Cheers program are that the beverages entitled under the program are for the sole use by the holder of the card.

My Moms water supply on Princess, always seems to flow down to our cabin somehow? Funny that. I am coming back and trying Carnival again, my wife doesn't drink and I really like my beer. Keeping the sharing of a card under ones hat might allow the program to lighten up a bit and allow for only 1 in a cabin to purchase, or allowing a split card. Bubbles/Cheers?. Putting out there that you blatantly violated the rules might put your "Love" affair under jeopardy. Just saying.

Aloha, Tim

Oh No, sharing a Cheers Card. Where's the morality police? Maybe this is why both have to buy the package at Carnival as it is know, acknowledged , and a accepted practice to "get" items for others not covered by a card. Now I'm not a member of the police, but do think the rules under the Cheers program are that the beverages entitled under the program are for the sole use by the holder of the card.

My Moms water supply on Princess, always seems to flow down to our cabin somehow? Funny that. I am coming back and trying Carnival again, my wife doesn't drink and I really like my beer. Keeping the sharing of a card under ones hat might allow the program to lighten up a bit and allow for only 1 in a cabin to purchase, or allowing a split card. Bubbles/Cheers?. Putting out there that you blatantly violated the rules might put your "Love" affair under jeopardy. Just saying.

Aloha, Tim

Aloha! Thanks for pointing this out! Lol. I will admit that I took 2 sips of every milkshake before handing off to the kids. 😊 so technically it was mine and I couldn't finish it. Now the love affair continues!!

• 1 month later...

Thank you for your review! This is mine and dh's first cruise on the pride in April 2017, and every review helps and confirms that I made the right choice picking pride! I'm so excited. How does security differ from going on a plane if you have a minute to answer, thank you again for the review :)

Christie

Hi Pinkflipflopshortie! You definitely made a good choice with the Pride. Security is a breeze. The still check your photo against your documents and then you and your carryon go through a scanner but it's so much faster than the airport.

Oh no, sharing a Cheers Card. Where's the morality police? Maybe this is why both have to buy the package at Carnival as it is know, acknowledged , and a accepted practice to "get" items for others not covered by a card. Now I'm not a member of the police, but do think the rules under the Cheers program are that the beverages entitled under the program are for the sole use by the holder of the card.

Aloha, Tim

:rolleyes:

Edited by VASOXFANN

Speaking of the cold...we sail 27NOV2016...it just occurred to me that it might be a tad chilly those first two days. I am guessing we will be swimming from day 3 on? Will the pool and water slide even be open when we board?

Not sure about the water slide. But they will have the roof closed over the mid deck lido pool and hot tubs. So that will be open.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Dms1908, thank you for responding! Glad to hear that it's faster, we are driving from Michigan instead of flying being that we have never been to that area before and flying can be such a hassle. We are going to leave the Friday prior after dh gets out of work and stay at a hotel and see the area. Now I just have to decide if we want to do one of the hotels we can stay and park at or just park at the port itself... Oh so many decisions to make lol

dms1908,

Oh my gosh, your whole group is just too freakin' cute!:) I really enjoyed your review, thanks for taking the time to share it. In just about 40 days, DH and I will be back on the Pride for the 7th time, doing this itinerary for the 3nd time, taking our kids on this itinerary for the 1st time... and your review just helped make me a little more excited about it.:D

Dms1908, thank you for responding! Glad to hear that it's faster, we are driving from Michigan instead of flying being that we have never been to that area before and flying can be such a hassle. We are going to leave the Friday prior after dh gets out of work and stay at a hotel and see the area. Now I just have to decide if we want to do one of the hotels we can stay and park at or just park at the port itself... Oh so many decisions to make lol

It will be great! We don't live far and parking at the port was a breeze once they opened the lot. If you are heading back on the road straight after the ship docks, consider parking at the port. That way you can stay and relax onboard until the last possible minute. Just a thought!