How many of you have sailed the same ship twice?

syndyj

December will be our fifth time on the Serenade. We have done the Alaska route twice, Ensenada to Hawaii once, and the southern Caribbean once and will make it twice at Christmas. Love the ship and the ports...it's beginning to feel like home.

And did you do the same itineary or a different one? Right now I am getting an excellent deal on airfare to Puerto Rico and I am tempted to do the Adventure of the Seas Aruba route. We did the Barbados route last year and really loved the ship, but I am thinking it might be more of the same ON the ship.Do the shows change every year or will it be the same songs, dances and ice shows?

What airline & airport did you get a deal from??? We have done the AOS twice, both itins. and loved both. Some repetition on the shows, but they are pretty much the same on all the RC ships too! Aruba & Curacao were definitely worth seeing! We really love the Southern islands, we had the Serenade booked for Feb. 06, but cancelled because I couldn't find airfare for less than $800 pp :eek: Last time I checked, it was up to $1,000 pp anywhere out of the Northeast!

• 4 weeks later...

Mrs BamaVol and I have sailed on The Majesty of the Seas 3 times. First was a 3 nighter by ourselves. Second was a 4 nighter with our 2 youngest sons. Third was a 3 nighter with the in-laws. All 3 were unique experiences. 2nd and 3rd sailing were 6 months apart. Some of the shows were the same, but we enjoyed them over again.

Mrs BamaVol and I have sailed on The Majesty of the Seas 3 times. First was a 3 nighter by ourselves. Second was a 4 nighter with our 2 youngest sons. Third was a 3 nighter with the in-laws. All 3 were unique experiences. 2nd and 3rd sailing were 6 months apart. Some of the shows were the same, but we enjoyed them over again.

What airline & airport did you get a deal from??? We have done the AOS twice, both itins. and loved both. Some repetition on the shows, but they are pretty much the same on all the RC ships too! Aruba & Curacao were definitely worth seeing! We really love the Southern islands, we had the Serenade booked for Feb. 06, but cancelled because I couldn't find airfare for less than $800 pp :eek: Last time I checked, it was up to $1,000 pp anywhere out of the Northeast!

I live in Trinidad ( a southern island ;)) and the fare to San Juan on Liat is $240.00 US.

We went on the EOS to the Western Carrib on the first cruise and to the Eastern Carib (FANTASTIC) on the second time.

The ship is so wonderful, everything about it is great...... We're looking forward to another time on it. Now, we're checking out the MOS out of Canaveral....can't wait......... and you must get an AFT cabin, it is soooooooo worth it on any cruise you take.

Enjoy,

Linda

We have sailed the Song of Norway twice (uhoh, I think I dated myself:o) and have sailed the Rhapsody 3 times and are booked for another sailing on the Rhapsody. Surprisingly I really enjoy going back on a ship I like. It feels like a second home. You don't get the excitement of exploring a new ship, but everything is familiar and comfortable. Most of all you don't feel like you have to "do it all" since you've done it before. This goes for repeating ports as well. We really slow down and take time to relax and enjoy the time. Works for us!! I think our most relaxing and enjoyable cruises have been repeats.

I'm jealous! ;)

Been on the Radiance of the Seas twice, same ports and would go again! A few things were the same on the ship, but it didn't bother us! So much to do!

It is a wonderful class of ship. We will be sailing on the Vision for the 3rd time in January. We have also sailed on the Rhapsody 3 times. We are also booked on the Serenade next year, it will be a new ship for us but it is much like the Radiance.

We cruised twice with Explorer. Lovely ship - nice to know

your way around the ship allready on the first day. :)

The welcome parade was the same both times. We did not see the same shows, but that was because the show was called the same as the laste time, so we skipped that. The second time we saw the ice show which we missed the first time.

Allways new things to do on the cruise !

Guest cruzr44

Radiance twice. LOVED her the first time so I had to have my sister and parents see her so I went again. It was fun being a tour guide, but I like seeing a different ship and I'd never be able to see them all if I keep going on the same one (I'll never see them all anyway).

Archived