Explorer owner's suite question

randrea

Does anybody know if the bathtub in the owners suite is a whirlpool tub? It doesn't say so, but in the pictures I've seen it looks like it is. We were back and forth between a OS or GS. We like the bigger balcony on the GS but love the room size and bigger bathroom in the OS. If there's anyone out there that's been in either of these rooms and can give me their opinion I would really appreciate it. We are booked for OS 1300 on Explorer for 6/25 to Bermuda. Thanks in advance for any help you could give me.

Andrea

Does anybody know if the bathtub in the owners suite is a whirlpool tub? It doesn't say so, but in the pictures I've seen it looks like it is. We were back and forth between a OS or GS. We like the bigger balcony on the GS but love the room size and bigger bathroom in the OS. If there's anyone out there that's been in either of these rooms and can give me their opinion I would really appreciate it. We are booked for OS 1300 on Explorer for 6/25 to Bermuda. Thanks in advance for any help you could give me.

Andrea

Andrea, I sailed in OS 1300 on Explorer on the 9/11 sailing. The tub DOES have jets although we never did get the chance to use it. The room is immaculate and more storage space than you'll ever use, trust me. Just as a suggestion since the room has DVD with surround sound, if you watch movies at all or like music, bring your own DVDs and CDs so you can put in some tunes while getting ready for dinner. The balcony is a bit smaller with an OS than a GS but you get more living space. It was nice having a big window near the bed to open the curtains in the morning to get a new view each day.

I'll never sail in anything but an OS again. Bathroom is huge and the bidet, when filled with ice, makes for a nice beer cooler...............

Kidding....:D

I was just checking to be able to show you a picture of my DW in the tub, with bubbles to the top because of the jacuzzi, Yyyeeeeeeessssssssssss!!!!!! They do have the jets in the Owners Suite, otherwise known as the OS.

Actually, dollar for dollar, the OS are the best bargain on the ship! Why? At just over 1/2th the price of the RS, you get everything except the player piano and the wet bar.

PS, if you want the picture, send me an email.:D :D

Rick

WOW!!!

Thanks so much for the info!!

God, I'm so excited now. Thank you Fritz for the info, you are a riot!

I'm definitely going to do the bidet/cooler thing. I'll have my kids with me so there might be a couple of juice boxes in there too.

Rubrrick, I would love to see any photos you have. My email address is dreapa@yahoo.com I would appreciate if you could send me some.

Thanks again,

Andrea

WOW!!!

Thanks so much for the info!!

God, I'm so excited now. Thank you Fritz for the info, you are a riot!

I'm definitely going to do the bidet/cooler thing. I'll have my kids with me so there might be a couple of juice boxes in there too.

Rubrrick, I would love to see any photos you have. My email address is dreapa@yahoo.com I would appreciate if you could send me some.

Thanks again,

Andrea

Andrea, I could also send you a link to our Explorer pics. I'm sorry that I don't have more of the suite since we were on an excursion and were running low on memory on our camera so I deleted them all thinking that we could get some more of the room later, and of course, we forgot to. I did get some good balcony shots though.

You will have a fridge with complimentary water and sodas but it just doesn't get cold enough for some frosty suds after dinner. Your room steward will refresh ice in the bucket every morning and afternoon and ours even refilled the bidet with ice. She was great. It's a great room with kids, so much so that we booked an OS on Adventure AND Freedom with our kids next year. You'll have access to the concierge lounge on Deck 9. If Martin Sanchez is still there, he'll do a good job for you. They'll have movies and music to borrow as well as free open bar and light food each evening. It's not a kids hangout but good for getting coffee and stuff in the morning if you don't do the room service breakfast which we did each day.

i responded to your post and didn't realize at the time that WE'RE ON THE SAME CRUISE!!!. tell me about yourself. who are you traveling with? have you ever been to bermuda?

we are 4 (2 teen boys). we live in new jersey. my husband and i went on a land vacation to bermuda this past summer and fell in love with the place. after we figured out how much it would cost to repeat that vacation with the kids......we decided to cruise. we're very excited because we've never had a suite and have never been on a 'MEGA SHIP" AND WE LOVE BERMUDA

Thanks for the info Fritz, I'm getting really excited!!! I would LOVE to see any pics you have, especially balcony ones. We were a little confused as to why the OS balcony is smaller than the GS. I'm sure it's still plenty big enough, but pictures would be great.

Obsessed, it's really cool that you're on the same cruise as we are. I am 43 and my boyfriend is 53. We will have my 10 year old son and my 13 year old daughter. How old are your boys? My daughter is dying to know....haha!! We are from a suburb north of Philadelphia. I'd love any tips on fun things to do in Bermuda with the kids. We've never been there, but everyone says it's incredible. I can't wait!!

Andrea

Andrea, thanks for the email and picture. When I get my laptop going again, you will have the promissed picture.

As some have posted before, the bathroom is of good size in the OS. If you want to keep lots of goodies on ice, ask your attendent for an ice chest, and put it between the bidet and door. Keep all of your goodies in the cooler, and your steward will dump the water in your shower drain daily, and refill the chest with ice as needed.

This is above the ice bucket that you have in your room.

It has worked for us in the past.

Secrets reveiled!!

Rick

Thanks for the info Fritz, I'm getting really excited!!! I would LOVE to see any pics you have, especially balcony ones. We were a little confused as to why the OS balcony is smaller than the GS. I'm sure it's still plenty big enough, but pictures would be great.

Obsessed, it's really cool that you're on the same cruise as we are. I am 43 and my boyfriend is 53. We will have my 10 year old son and my 13 year old daughter. How old are your boys? My daughter is dying to know....haha!! We are from a suburb north of Philadelphia. I'd love any tips on fun things to do in Bermuda with the kids. We've never been there, but everyone says it's incredible. I can't wait!!

Andrea

The OS balcony is smaller to accomodate the "bump out" dressing area next to the bed. It gives you a desk/dressing area/chair ottoman and large window in the bedroom area.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=h2wx1wx.8ry64slh&Uy=-hl6b00&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0

Rick, thanks for the ice bucket tip. I'm sure it will come in handy with my kids. I'll be looking forward to those bathtub pics..haha!!

Fritz, thank you so much for those pictures, they helped alot. I'm sure my BF won't be too happy with the size of the balcony, it doesn't seem that much bigger than the regular balcony rooms. I like having the bigger cabin. The table and chairs seem much nicer too.

It looks like you guys had a blast!!! There's nothing better than body shots on the beach!!! BTW, I smoke Marlboro lights too. See, I pick up on all the good stuff, hehe!!

Thanks again guys,

Andrea

hey andrea......would you like to e-mail each other? we have a lot of time to become "neighborly"!!! just a brief description of who we are.....i'm 49, my husband is 60. we have 3 sons (22 not cruising with us) by the time of the cruise my other sons will be 17 and 15. we live in new jersey and LOVE BERMUDA. we are cruising in december as well. this is the first time that i have 2 cruises to look forward to. let me know about the e-mailing

Are the sodas in the fridge free in the OS? We were on the Voyager

last month and were never told this. We brought our own anyway

but this would be helpful for our next cruise.

The sodas are not free, nor is the bottled water. We always ask for a pitcher of water along with our bucket of ice. All of the ships water is purified so we ask our steward to keep both full, morning and night. It works great for us.

Rick

The sodas are not free, nor is the bottled water. We always ask for a pitcher of water along with our bucket of ice. All of the ships water is purified so we ask our steward to keep both full, morning and night. It works great for us.

Rick

We were never charged for the sodas and water in our OS on Explorer. Could have been an oversight on their part but we had her refill them almost every day and not charged once.

Archived