Specifics on drink packages

AnnetteSC

Let me start by saying that I have read hundreds of posts about the drink packages before deciding to ask my questions.

We have booked 3 cabins on Summit for August 2016. We chose the classic drink packages and OBC as perks.

1)We have DD14 in one of the cabins paying regular price (she is the second person in the cabin, NOT 3rd). She obviously got the classic non-alcoholic pkg that, as others have mentioned, does not compare to the classic alcoholic version as far as frozen (virgin) drinks, etc. Should we upgrade her to the premium non-alcoholic version or should DH (who hardly drinks alcohol but has the classic pkg) get her an occasional virgin treat on his card?

2) I'm thinking of upgrading my classic to premium because I like San Pellegrino for water plus espresso martinis, and good drinks in general. If I am the only one to upgrade to Premium and order Pellegrino at dinner, will they bring a little bottle just for me or will they bring the bigger bottle and leave it on the table?

I don't want to upgrade to Premium if it will make it awkward for the rest of the table (family members).

Thanks!

Could he technically get a drink for DD? Sure. The drink packages are nontransferable and thus not shareable for obvious reasons and the bartenders are watching for that sort of thing. There are ramifications of being caught. It wouldn't be worth it to me. Also, if I was a bartender it would make me think twice if a father figure ordered a virgin frozen drink with teenagers close by!

You can upgrade to premium if wished after you see how it goes. I wouldn't do it precruise. Drink offerings tend to be a little different at each bar. Our sommelier offered me 2 or 3 good wines not on the menu for our package.

Edited by eandj