Rhapsody of the Seas July 25th 2016

• 4 weeks later...
As if I wasn't already stressed enough about formal night - would a 15yo boy need a tux? Someone casually mentioned a 'white night' - is that a thing?

No one needs a tux. If there is a white night, it is an optional thing that a small minority of guests participate in. The 15-year old would be fine in casual clothes, which include long pants.

Just returned from the July 4th sailing of the same cruise.

2 formal nights, 1 white night and 1 red night.

Formal night for men and boys, slacks with collared shirt (polo or button up) would suffice.

I read your report! Was great...how were the ports you visited? Not sure if we are still going to turkey yet..

Katakolon (Olympia) meh,, Ruins were great (until we reached other sites)

Crete I enjoyed it. We did a Monestary and Wine tour with samples of wine and food.

Mykonos - Very windy. We went to Delos. The ruins and history and on going dig was very nice

Santorini - No way were we going to climb those steps, ride the donkeys, or take the cable car up to the towns. We just did a catamaran sail around the caldera. The only swim time for us. Water is NOT Caribbean warm but still nice. Included wine and a meal cooked on the boat. Music and dancing of course.

Kusadasi Turkey - We went to Ephesus - Just amazing ruins and artifacts

Athens - I can now say I've seen the Acropolis and the Parthanon. The heat and the crowds??? never again.

For my wife and I, this was a cultural and historical cruise.

The kids that were your sons age, (and there were a lot of them), they seemed to enjoy the first part of the day,,, then the kid in them would take over. (Not in a bad way. Just the attention span considering they were looking at a bunch of old rocks)