Home made wine

Has anyone been able to bring home made wine on board as their two bottles of wine. The wine is in green wine bottles and has corks. They were just bottled about a month ago and have not been opened and there are no labels on the boat.

Thanks for the help

If you absolutely want to bring your home wine with you, you could increase your chances by bottling the bottles you wish to bring into wine bottles that have their labels silk screened directly on the glass bottle instead of a paper label. There aren't many but there are a few. Also make sure the bottles use a cork and put a mate finish shrink cap on the top. I don't think many could tell the difference.

PS. Also ensure that you the bottles of wine that match the wine you bring. Ether white wine or red wine. I would be super impressed if the label says Pinot Noir and the security says that it is Cabernet inside the bottle :D

dp

If I was worried about it I would create a label for the bottle in a computer printshop type program and glue it on the bottles. That gets you by a visual inspection. It's just a very rare vintage from a small private winery.

You can find some templets here

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by wsyrob

If I was worried about it I would create a label for the bottle in a computer printshop type program and glue it on the bottles. That gets you by a visual inspection. It's just a very rare vintage from a small private winery.

You can find some templets here

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another forum that I frequent. I use to make wine several years ago but eventually quit, now I pretty much stick to Kegging beer. And I don't see myself quitting that anytime soon :D

dp

Do they normally inspect the bottles?

I would just have them in my carry-on and tell the person they're wine bottle when I put them on the machine. Not all bottles have the shrink wrap on them, but I would at least make labels of some sort and put them on the bottles to make them more official looking.

Has anyone been able to bring home made wine on board as their two bottles of wine. The wine is in green wine bottles and has corks. They were just bottled about a month ago and have not been opened and there are no labels on the boat.

Thanks for the help

I wouldn't but not for the usual reasons.. they are still bottle shocked! let the poor things rest for a few more months!

Do they normally inspect the bottles?

I would just have them in my carry-on and tell the person they're wine bottle when I put them on the machine. Not all bottles have the shrink wrap on them, but I would at least make labels of some sort and put them on the bottles to make them more official looking.

The only bottles that I know of that don't have the shrink wrap on them are the screw cap bottles, and would be very obvious if they have been opened. But as mentioned, it is more than likely that they would go through unnoticed. It all depends on how dedicated the security crew is that you get that morning ;)

dp