NCL Dawn questions

The Venetian is the same size it's always been & the windows have always been there. It looks a heck of a lot better than it did but the changes are strictly cosmetic

They were clearly comparing Venetian to the midship MDR, not to itself before the dry dock.

What time are the shows and do you need to make reservations?

You can't make reservations. Only new megaships with non-traditional entertainment setup have reservations available (Epic and newer). There are usually two showtimes in the theatre each night, times vary a bit ship by ship.

You can't make reservations. Only new megaships with non-traditional entertainment setup have reservations available (Epic and newer). There are usually two showtimes in the theatre each night, times vary a bit ship by ship.

Thank you - this will be our first time on NCL in 20 years😀

Thank you - this will be our first time on NCL in 20 years😀

We had a gap almost that long before we came back to cruising on NCL. Cruising had changed so much over the years we were working long hours and had young children. Now we love the more casual NCL cruise with no assigned dining, etc. Also, no need to bring a tuxedo along for DH!

Have a great cruise:D

Hi also if I may mention the Aqua is very, very small compared to the Venetian. I also found the Aqua to be very noisy due to its size and there are no windows in the aqua, were the Venetian has windows on all 3 sides, not sure if that matters to you or not?

Thanks!

Anyone have info on the IConceirge app? Specifically, the cost!

The app is free. to use the text messenger feature, you need to pay $9.99. You can use the app to get ship info, make dining reservations, and check your room charges. however, I will say the room charges were never accurate. instead, I would check the 'account review' on the TV, and that would be the correct charges. Last week when we were on board, the messenging only worked about 3/4ths of the time... it was a bit frustrating.

The app is free. to use the text messenger feature, you need to pay $9.99. You can use the app to get ship info, make dining reservations, and check your room charges. however, I will say the room charges were never accurate. instead, I would check the 'account review' on the TV, and that would be the correct charges. Last week when we were on board, the messenging only worked about 3/4ths of the time... it was a bit frustrating.

Room charges were accurate on the app for us & it's a good thing because we couldn't find them on the TV!

Has anyone used the Spa facilities? Is it worth $30.00 pp for one day or $119.00 pp for the week?

We enjoyed the Dawn's Spa pre-drydock using a day pass. They sail day passes during port days. If someone can tell us how the spa is after dry-dock I would love to hear it too.

Did anyone pre-purchase the photo package? was it worth it? do they discount photos later in the week if you wait?

We bought a package of 50 photos for something like $349 (I forget the exact price, but this is close). We got the hard copies and a thumb drive with the digital pics. On the last day of the cruise, from 5-8pm in the main lobby, they set up a white floor and backdrop and have free form unlimited family (or individual) portrait sessions...just line up and take your time, tends to be about 5-15 mins per family...they have some props, like a bench, and a jumbo frame, some funny hats, and a big teddy bear...all of which made for an invaluable take home package of photos. We only got a few others from previous days on the ship. The portrait pics were available by 9pm after the illusionist show.

They did not discount or change the picture package prices during the cruise.

Edited by soxfan2013

The charge for Iconcierge was 9.95 per phone for the week With the large family group we were with it was very helpful to be able to text while on board

Anyone know if this is available on the Dawn? The website indicates only certain ships so was wondering if maybe they have now included the Dawn.