aft balconies on Escape...I want two lounge chairs"

mafig

We are looking at an aft facing balcony on Escape. I have gleaned that the largest balconies are .... in this order 9/12/15/11/14/10/13. Am I right so far?

OK, within these decks are the balconies bigger? It appears from the brochure that some balconies on the same deck are bigger than others. Are the smaller balconies still bigger than he larger balconies on the other decks,.... or not? (For instance is the small balcony on deck 9 larger than what appears to be a larger balcony on deck 10?)

If not. what about the question:

On Escape which aft facing balconies are the largest?

We really want an aft facing balcony that is large enough to hold a table and two chairs and two loungers. Believe me, IMO there is nothing worse than a large balcony with two tiny chairs on it.

Edited by mafig

I had called my PCC last month to talk about the possibility of moving from midship mini-suite to aft balcony. Was only investigating deck 14 at the time and was told the balcony would actually be smaller (32 sf) than the one I had (44 sf)...neither large enough for 2 lounge chairs. I can't say if that would apply to all aft balcony cabins on that deck so it's probably best to call and make sure you get what you want.

The PCC, and most customer service reps (CAS) are very misinformed regarding this. The Haven aft balcony sq ft on the Escape is grossly understated on their website. I know a member here who had 12306 and NCL's deck plan (and Haven description) shows 78sq ft. He measured his at 264sq ft.

I consistently get correct information by asking questions on Cruise Critic. Calling NCL is often fruitless and frustrating.

Another way to research cabins, is YouTube. They often have a video of the cabin I am considering.

I had called my PCC last month to talk about the possibility of moving from midship mini-suite to aft balcony. Was only investigating deck 14 at the time and was told the balcony would actually be smaller (32 sf) than the one I had (44 sf)...neither large enough for 2 lounge chairs. I can't say if that would apply to all aft balcony cabins on that deck so it's probably best to call and make sure you get what you want.

The PCC, and most customer service reps (CAS) are very misinformed regarding this. The Haven aft balcony sq ft on the Escape is grossly understated on their website.264sq ft.

AFT BALCONY Size?:

I'm really not asking about the Haven (I wish I was). Just wondering if within each deck are there larger balconies (i.e., the middle is larger than the last), and does this mean that although deck 9 is considered the largest the middle balcony on another deck will still be larger than the end of deck 9.

I'm really not asking about the Haven (I wish I was). Just wondering if within each deck are there larger balconies (i.e., the middle is larger than the last), and does this mean that although deck 9 is considered the largest the middle balcony on another deck will still be larger than the end of deck 9.

OK, now I understand your question.

There is a slight curvature which would make the center aft-facing balconies slightly deeper than the others towards the sides. However, the middle stateroom on deck 9 is a HC room (wheelchair access) so it is wider, also.

Deck 10 has 2 aft-facing mini-suites (wider than standard aft-facing balcony room) at the middle.

Deck 11 has a HC stateroom at the middle.

Deck 12 has a HC stateroom at the middle.

Deck 13 has a HC stateroom at the middle.

Deck 14 has a HC stateroom at the middle.

Deck 15 has a HC stateroom at the middle.

The difference between the depth at the middle vs. the side is very minor. It shouldn't make a difference therefor stay with the original size order. In other words, since deck 9 is the deepest, 9320 on 9 is still deeper than the middle non-HC 12312 on 12.