Travel agent issues

SCMom

I am really upset with our TA. We used this agency based on a recommendation of my husband's boss. Big Mistake. I am so upset because this cruise is such a big deal for us. We are traveling on the Escape for our 30th Anniversary and are taking our two twenty-something boys and one son's GF. That being said they never told NCL that we were celebrating our Anniversary. Despite repeatedly telling them that's what this cruise was all about. When I called NCL directly to ask something about the cruise and mentioned it they said "Oh, let me add that to your reservation."

A couple of weeks ago I called NCL about an upgrade since we had been booked since last Sept. and prices have dropped and also there was only one "Free at Sea" promo offered at the time of booking. They are now offering two. NCL told me if I contacted my TA before 30 days prior to the cruise they could probably do something for us. I contacted my TA right away and he told me that they will just tell you that to get you off the phone. That they are like the airlines now and what you book at you are stuck with. He did say he had a contact at NCL that he contacted and was on the phone with for 20 minutes and moved us from a mid-ship balcony on 15 (BA) to a family suite on 9 (B4). He told me that it was a much better room and when I asked "how?" he said it has a larger balcony. Well I looked it up and it doesn't. He told me he hoped this was okay because "he made an executive decision" and went ahead and changed the room and the old one was gone by the time he was calling me back to tell me what he had found out. Does anyone know if there is any way I can get rid of this TA and just go through NCL directly? Has anyone else had issues with their TA like this? I am so upset and I thought that using a TA would make me not have to worry about the details of this cruise but all I do is worry they have somehow ruined it for us. I am definitely not paying them for piece of mind. Anyone have any advice? Can anyone ease my mind that moving from a BA to a B4 is better? Thanks!

Sorry for your pre travel related stress that should really not exist at all. There are so many bad TA's out there who book you and then dont check on your booking for anything additional...its crazy....at this point the TA made the commission. So...here is your recourse...i would call and ask for his supervisor of the agency..i would express your concerns and demand an OBC for your major inconvenience and lack of help.

go to the review section of the travel agency and dont hold back...this day and age a bad review could very easily ruin a small business....also remend the supervisor that with all the social media websites out there you will be putting their business on blast...

that about should do it...

i have a sneaking suspicion you laid into your DH about this whole situation and finger pointing...remember..your DH is in a subordinate position against the boss and you dont want to compound the damage...im sure your dh and his boss were simply trying to help...although it sounds like they hurt the situation more so...

also...my boss referred me to a certain lexus dealer for my first upscale vehicle...well my boss has the unlimited bank account and leases 5 models at a time for the business...i walked in and had just enough with me to make the cheapest leftover vehicle from the prior year work...i was viewed as a poor person...and treated that way...so referrals from people who are not in the same tax bracket can at time work to your detriment.

I do hope you make the most of it and realize that a vacation is a time to spend with family and maybe future DIL so you want to be free spirited and relax a bit so you get to take in the whole vacation experience..

Oops, you're right and I am wrong. It's if you actually book a cruise while on board that you are assigned the same TA.

We were unhappy with the TA we used for our last NCL cruise ( we were seduced by an offer too good to refuse, or so we were led to believe) and when we booked our next cruise onboard they told us that they would automatically notify our TA of the reservation. I requested that they do not do any such thing and they agreed to this. Just make sure you make the future cruise staff aware that you do not wish to do business with the existing TA. Nominate another TA or book direct with NCL.

Edited by sandancer