What's your typical Bermuda agenda?

AnnetteSC

I don't think your plans are realistic to doing every single thing of the above taking public buses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We're ok with taking other forms of transportation but was worried taxis would not always be available outside the places we're going.

We may skip TMJ.

Edited by AnnetteSC

You should take the ferry to St. George's, go to the Sea Glass beach, walk or take a taxi, then walk around St. George. Take a bus to the Swizzle Inn. After lunch do the Caves. Caves are walking distance from the Swizzle Inn. After Cave depends what time you are finished whether you can do Tom Moore's Jungle. Then depending on the time take a bus to either St. George's or Hamilton to catch a ferry back to Dockyard. That is one day. The other day do Horseshoe Bay.

High tide is in the afternoon so I'm sure it will still be relatively low tide even if we get there 10ish.

You can get there around 10:30. I don't think that will be too late.

Edited by Charles4515

Is there a more detailed Bermuda transportation map available here? I have been studying the one SBtS included in his reply to me but I have not been able to figure out the bus # for my plans, except for the bus from ferry to the caves (I can see it's either #10 or #11).....

The map I used to create my map is the map Bermuda Transportation used to provide on their site. There is a legend of the bus routes in the lower right. The bus routes are color identified and are marked on the routes themselves. You would need at least a 19" diagonal color desktop monitor to see the bus routes clearly.

route-map-v6copy.jpg

SBtS

You should take the ferry to St. George's, go to the Sea Glass beach, walk or take a taxi, then walk around St. George. Take a bus to the Swizzle Inn. After lunch do the Caves. Caves are walking distance from the Swizzle Inn. After Cave depends what time you are finished whether you can do Tom Moore's Jungle. Then depending on the time take a bus to either St. George's or Hamilton to catch a ferry back to Dockyard. That is one day. The other day do Horseshoe Bay.

Thank you Charles!

The map I used to create my map is the map Bermuda Transportation used to provide on their site. There is a legend of the bus routes in the lower right. The bus routes are color identified and are marked on the routes themselves. You would need at least a 19" diagonal color desktop monitor to see the bus routes clearly.

route-map-v6copy.jpg

SBtS

I realized that when I googled Bermuda Transportation map. Thank you for your help, SBtS!

So loving all the learning I am still doing on this thread! :) Next thing is to do some Math and figure out whether to do public transportation and therefore choose between actual fare, tokens or tickets versus taxi for what we want to do and where we want to go, considering we have 2 kids 16 and under. I look forward to reading how your trip turns out, AnnetteSC. Sorry I won't have internet when I'm on the Summit the week before you to post my findings but I'm glad we've got folks like Charles and SBtS to chime in before we actually leave. :-)

I'm trying to figure out the same thing, Dreamer68! Since we have 7 people, maybe cheaper (and more convenient) to do taxi for some things.

I didn't know you had 7. I was thinking 4 from the people you mentioned. There are taxi's that fit 7, 7 being the limit. When you get to 4 or more sharing it really is not that expensive to take taxi's. And it will be more convenient taking taxi's than buses with 7 people. In my opinion with 7 taxi's make the most sense.

If you take the ferry to St. George and taxis to the places you mentioned in your dilemma post, St. George, Glass beach, Caves, Swizzle, and Tom Moore Jungle, I think you could do all the above in one day. If you try to do all that on buses I think you might give out at some point.

Edited by Charles4515

I didn't know you had 7. I was thinking 4 from the people you mentioned. There are taxi's that fit 7, 7 being the limit. When you get to 4 or more sharing it really is not that expensive to take taxi's. And it will be more convenient taking taxi's than buses with 7 people. In my opinion with 7 taxi's make the most sense.

If you take the ferry to St. George and taxis to the places you mentioned in your dilemma post, St. George, Glass beach, Caves, Swizzle, and Tom Moore Jungle, I think you could do all the above in one day. If you try to do all that on buses I think you might give out at some point.

Thank you again, Charles. You have been of great help to me and I appreciate it!

Yes, there are 7 of us in total (we have 3 cabins). Not sure if my brother and SIL will join for all the activities I have planned but I know at least 5 of us will. By reading this forum and like you said, when it's 4+ people, taxis are worth it.

I remade my schedule from the advice you gave me a couple of days ago (day 2 is your quote, thanks!):

Day 1) Take shuttle to Horseshoe bay, take bus #7 or taxi (?) to Hamilton, walk around and stay for Harbor night in the evening. Take ferry back to Dockyard.

Day 2) Take the ferry to St. George's (arrive 10:30ish), go to the Sea Glass beach, walk or take a taxi, then walk around St. George. Take a bus (either 1, 3, 10 or 11 or taxi?) to the Swizzle Inn. After lunch do the Caves. Caves are walking distance from the Swizzle Inn. After Cave depends what time we are finished whether we can do Tom Moore's Jungle. Then depending on the time, take a bus (or taxi) to either St. George's or Hamilton to catch a ferry back to Dockyard.

Day 3) Dockyard

Edited by AnnetteSC

Thank you .....

Day 1) Take shuttle......

Day 2) Take the ferry to St. George's (arrive 10:30ish), go to the Sea Glass beach, walk or take a taxi, then walk around St. George. Take a bus (either 1, 3, 10 or 11 or taxi?) to the Swizzle Inn. After lunch do the Caves. Caves are walking distance from the Swizzle Inn. After Cave depends what time we are finished whether we can do Tom Moore's Jungle. Then depending on the time, take a bus (or taxi) to either St. George's or Hamilton to catch a ferry back to Dockyard.

Day 3) ......

Just keep in mind that the last tour of the caves starts at 4:30PM.

Remember that when it is time to return to the Dockyard, the ferry from St George departs at 2PM, 4:30PM & 5:30PM; from Hamilton, on the :00 every hour.

SBtS

We've cruised to Bermuda at least 25 times over the past 30 yrs. There's plenty to see/do in the 3 days you're there. However, what I might consider a "must see" you might consider a "ho/hum". Some folks want to maximize beach time, others could care less about a beach. Get a Bermuda travel guide book and also check out the tours offered by the ship ( would NOT do any of them as you can customize your own for a lot less $$$$), but at least you can see what's offered and what looks appealing (and not). After checking these out, plan your own itinerary. Enjoy!!!! We took the Summit to Bermuda last year and LOVED it and we took the Veendam last month. On the Veendam we docked in Hamilton, which we much prefer than the Dockyard. As far as we're concerned, you can't go wrong on either HAL or "X".

Just keep in mind that the last tour of the caves starts at 4:30PM.

Remember that when it is time to return to the Dockyard, the ferry from St George departs at 2PM, 4:30PM & 5:30PM; from Hamilton, on the :00 every hour.

SBtS

Thanks for the additional tips, SBtS! :)

We've cruised to Bermuda at least 25 times over the past 30 yrs. There's plenty to see/do in the 3 days you're there. However, what I might consider a "must see" you might consider a "ho/hum". Some folks want to maximize beach time, others could care less about a beach. Get a Bermuda travel guide book and also check out the tours offered by the ship ( would NOT do any of them as you can customize your own for a lot less $$$$), but at least you can see what's offered and what looks appealing (and not). After checking these out, plan your own itinerary. Enjoy!!!! We took the Summit to Bermuda last year and LOVED it and we took the Veendam last month. On the Veendam we docked in Hamilton, which we much prefer than the Dockyard. As far as we're concerned, you can't go wrong on either HAL or "X".

Totally agree with you, Marco! I have been reading here for the past 3 months to get tips and ideas. I also stopped at AAA yesterday to get a travel guide. But, like you said, at the end of the day it's an individual decision.

My family is not a "beach all day" kind of family. We want to see the pink sand but not waste an entire day just laying there when there is stuff to do/see. :)