Insufficiency of "Included" Excursion Slots

CelticMutt

Our first time with Viking and I was wondering about booking the included tours. We are travelling with friends of ours whom we recommended this cruise to and are wondering how to book the tours in tandem. We would like to be on the same tours together and if they get "sold out" early, how can we assure we get on the same tours; do we have to sit side by side and book them simultaneously as soon as we are able to? Seems a bit silly. After reading this thread I'm getting a little worried we won't be able to travel together on the tours as planned.

You will be. On our first cruise on the Viking Star, we booked our tours "in tandem" with our friends. However, when we checked our tickets in our cabins, a couple of the tours had been changed, with us at one time and them at another. When we went to the lounge for departure, we just advised them of the issue, and they changed the time on our friends' ticket. Or you can go to the Explorer's desk and have it changed at once, should that happen.

Don't worry, it will all work out. :)

Becki

Our first time with Viking and I was wondering about booking the included tours. We are travelling with friends of ours whom we recommended this cruise to and are wondering how to book the tours in tandem. We would like to be on the same tours together and if they get "sold out" early, how can we assure we get on the same tours; do we have to sit side by side and book them simultaneously as soon as we are able to? Seems a bit silly. After reading this thread I'm getting a little worried we won't be able to travel together on the tours as planned.

We are traveling with my sister and brother-in-law and live on opposite coasts so are three hours apart time zone-wise. We created our Wish Lists in advance and then on the day that our booking window opened, I booked our desired excursions and times from my Wish List as soon as I got up and then sent my sister an e-mail to let her know that I was successful. She did the same thing when she got up and was able to book all the same excursions and times even though it was several hours later.

However, if you have your heart set on certain tours and times together, it might be worth setting up a time to book everything together online while on the phone with your traveling companions. I had considered doing exactly that but then decided that I was willing to take the risk that we might not get exactly what we wanted. It worked out for us and I hope it does for you as well.

Hello all,

We posted a response to CelticMutt on June 29, 2016, ensuring that the included shore excursion Marseille On Your Own, in the port of Toulon, would not sell out. Regrettably, we made a mistake and should not have promised everyone access to this tour.

Due to limited space, there are two included shore excursions offered in Toulon, France instead of just the one. Therefore, guests were able to choose between either Marseille On Your Own or Toulon by Foot and by Boat. At this time, the Marseille on Your Own tour for this departure date is in fact sold out. Guests may choose between the included shore excursion Toulon by Foot and by Boat or the available optional shore excursions. This practice isn’t typical, but there are instances that require some proactive planning and flexibility to try and accommodate demand.

As always, please send an email to TellUs@vikingcruises.com if you have any questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises