Has anyone arrived late for staggerd check in?

usacamaro

I know Carnival said they would "accommodate" late arrivals for staggerd check in. Has anyone actually arrived late? We currently have a 10am check-in. If we arrive late for unforseen reasons, what will happen?

They let you into the terminal and you get in the line with the other people waiting to check in. There's no issue with arriving late. You absolutely can't arrive early. They will not let you in.

I know Carnival said they would "accommodate" late arrivals for staggerd check in. Has anyone actually arrived late? We currently have a 10am check-in. If we arrive late for unforseen reasons, what will happen?

You can arrive at your time or any time after your time - works just the same.

Did it 4 weeks ago in Miami.

Edited by lizardhowson

Miami doesn't have the staggered check-in yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes they do STAGGERED CHECK-IN

Staggered Check-In has been rolled out to all vessels sailing from Galveston, Honolulu, Miami, New Orleans and Norfolk. It will be rolling out in Charleston and Baltimore on the following dates:

Charleston, South Carolina

Carnival Ecstasy - 7/09/2016 onwards

Carnival Sunshine - 11/06/2016 and 11/11/201

We got to Galveston within our 10 to1030 window but the port didn't have power. They made us line up and separated the platinum and FTTF in front, and they kept that line separate. Then on the other side they had us separated by times 10am in one line, 1030 in another, etc. they were checking boarding documents at every turn and kept the right people in their respective lines. Once we started moving, they checked docs again and although it was over an hour after check in time they still went in order of assigned times.

I was worried that once they started checking everyone in that people could fall in anywhere but they kept it separate, at least while we were in line.

They accept late but not early.

We got to Galveston within our 10 to1030 window but the port didn't have power. They made us line up and separated the platinum and FTTF in front, and they kept that line separate. Then on the other side they had us separated by times 10am in one line, 1030 in another, etc. they were checking boarding documents at every turn and kept the right people in their respective lines. Once we started moving, they checked docs again and although it was over an hour after check in time they still went in order of assigned times.

I was worried that once they started checking everyone in that people could fall in anywhere but they kept it separate, at least while we were in line.

You must have been getting on when we were getting off. Glad you felt they handled you well.

Although it wasn't a big deal, the power being out was a pain for those of us getting off also.

Miami doesn't have the staggered check-in yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes they do, the Vista is the only ship sailing from Miami that is not using staggered check in yet.

We arrived 2 hours after our check in time of 3:30pm in Hawaii. It was actually better, there were very few people and checking in and we walked right in - I think most people want to go early and get on the ship to start their vacation early - the check in time is the earliest time you can arrive and not the exact time you have to arrive.

Yes they do, the Vista is the only ship sailing from Miami that is not using staggered check in yet.

Funny since the Vista is currently sailing in Europe and will not start its Transatlantic crossing until Oct 21.