Aurora...would I be disappointed?

I'm glad to read so many nice comments about Aurora. I'm sailing her in December on a cold-weather cruise, and I'm looking forward to the many traditional amenities, especially the enclosed pool on sea days. I'm also in a forward-facing single ocean-view cabin, and that will be a first. Now I'm good and excited.

Just back from a Fjord cruise on Aurora - took way too many photos - but managed to chose the best for this photo album - including some photos of the ship - if anyone is interested

http://www.bonusprint.co.uk/view-online-photo-book/3c25aada-4c59-457b-b466-c4829bb1480d

Thanks for sharing your beautiful photographs. Good eye.

Its a case of point and shoot!!!! - I only have a little compact camera with a big zoom- but I was just awestruck with the scenery

Thank you

Lovely photos of a lovely place, it brought back memories of being there in April:)

Thanks for posting

Aurora is my favourite P and O ship: exactly the right size, never feels crowded, elegant, nice traditional feel rather than super glitzy, and some lovley bars especially the Crows Nest and Andersons. I even like the new Glass House though I miss the Cafe Bordeaux which it replaced.

Looking forward to the Aurora next year, have you any idea if Aurora do the range of beers that the Britannia offers?

Looking forward to the Aurora next year, have you any idea if Aurora do the range of beers that the Britannia offers?

I don't think they have the same range of beers on Aurora as they do on Britannia, Strawberry field - I believe it's a special feature of the new ship, like the gins in the Crow's Nest. Obviously picking up on the craft beer and gin trends right now. Wonder what P&O will do when the trends change (not so long ago vodka was all the rage) but some pax have got used to having the variety of real ales and boutique gins?

I don't think they have the same range of beers on Aurora as they do on Britannia, Strawberry field - I believe it's a special feature of the new ship, like the gins in the Crow's Nest. Obviously picking up on the craft beer and gin trends right now. Wonder what P&O will do when the trends change (not so long ago vodka was all the rage) but some pax have got used to having the variety of real ales and boutique gins?

They certainly have moved the Gin and some beers over to Azura. So perhaps they are spreading the speciality drinks over the fleet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That would be great if some of the Britannia beers are making their way around the fleet. Only in the name of research of course :)

I'm just about to order a book for hubby as present. Title: "1,001 beers you must try before you die".

That's one helluva lot of research!! :eek: