flights to orlando from california

Dlynn

I started pricing flights to Orlando about a month ago. The prices started at $400.00. I want to leave from Ontario, California and fly into Miami. I priced the flights today and they went up. MY cruise is about 6 months away, Easter Week. Should I book now? Is it more expensive to fly Easter Week?

Easter week is one of the more popular cruising weeks therefore flights into Miami will be packed. Since you are limiting yourself to flying out of Ontario and into Miami, you automatically reduce the amount of available flights. Unless you are willing to look at different airports, I think your best bet is to book now. Otherwise there may not be any flights left.

If you are willing to travel out of alternate airports, you might do a search using a search engine like www.kayak.com or ITA, and allow it to search nearby airports like Ft. Lauderdale for Miami, and other LA area airports for Ontario. You might get cheaper flights that way.

One more thing, you do realize that Miami is at least 3 hours south of Orlando, don't you?

I don't know if your airport has Southwest or if there is an airport nearby that does. But Southwest has some great deals (their schedule for easter isn't out yet though). ANd, if you sign up for their Ding notification, you will get daily dings w/the deals of the day. You might check them out.

I don't know if your airport has Southwest or if there is an airport nearby that does. But Southwest has some great deals (their schedule for easter isn't out yet though). ANd, if you sign up for their Ding notification, you will get daily dings w/the deals of the day. You might check them out.

He's flying Easter week and Southwest doesn't have schedules yet. Since they still haven't released most of February, I'm guessing it will be at least another month if not more before those schedules are released. Since Easter is such a popular week to travel, he may not have any choices left if he waits for Southwest to release fares.

Thank you everyone for posting. I found flights out of LAX to Miami for $50.00 less than Ontario and the nice thing is the flights are nonstop. I live 15 minutes from Ontario Airport thats why I wanted that airport. LAX is about an hour away with no traffic. I'm making the reservation today!:)

Archived