$60 for $75 in gift cards - Alive again

Galatz

So, I've now been trying for a couple of hours.

Returned to this thread multiple times to try all of the tips and none worked for me. Whether I used the phone or computer, it is something with PayPal. When I log on through eBay it is not going through. However, I log in directly to PayPal with the same credentials with no problem. Was hoping I could figure it out for the next time.

Will have to settle for 10% savings.

Good luck to everyone else.

does anyone know if you report this on your taxes? It seems to me like they ask if anything was purchased on ebay... and don't know why??

If you made a purchase where sales tax was due and did not pay the sales tax at the time of purchase you should self report that you own it.

In most cases there should not be sales tax on a gift card because the tax is calculated when you use the card.

PS If you buy something at a yard sale don't forget to self report that you owe the sales tax on that also:)

Edited by Rock_Dr

Tonight until 6pm on ebay. Add a $50 gift card and a $25 to equal a total of $75. Enter promo code CruiseN2Summer and it will automatically take $15 off.

If you get an error just keep trying!

Well would ya look at that. It worked! Thanks, OP! :D

Can you use this code more than once? I'd like to use these to pay my balance off.

Well would ya look at that. It worked! Thanks, OP! :D

Can you use this code more than once? I'd like to use these to pay my balance off.

It says it can only be used once per PayPal account - that's all I was able to do but it sounds like someone else on the thread may have gotten away with it somehow??

My Paypal account was debited the full 75. Anyone else have this happen?

Ebay total was $60

This is what was in my PayPal email confirmation:

Subtotal$75.00 USD

Shipping and handling$0.00 USD

Insurance - not offered----

Other discounts-$15.00 USD

Total$60.00 USD

Payment$60.00 USD

Still getting an error message,"something went wrong.Please try to check out again". Been like this last 15 minutes. Anybody have any tricks to make this go through without the error? Thanks.

I would try CLEARING YOUR HISTORY and CACHE and try it again. It appears that when others have tried on a different device or Via a different route (ie-Paypal vs Ebay) it works. So could be a CACHE issue.

CLEAR and retry

I would try CLEARING YOUR HISTORY and CACHE and try it again. It appears that when others have tried on a different device or Via a different route (ie-Paypal vs Ebay) it works. So could be a CACHE issue.

CLEAR and retry

I've tried from my computer, app, and mobile internet still the same error. But i will keep trying thanks =)

I tried and tried to log in to PayPal through ebay, and it wouldn't let me. As soon as I deleted the gift cards from my cart, and added a different item, I could sign in with no problem. But when I deleted the other item, and added the gift cards back in, I had to resign into PayPal, and it started all over again.

Edited by ShdwKnght

So when I arrived home, I tried two additional and different mediums for the gift cards. At this point, it was not about the gift card but the need to determine what is going on with my account. In between all of this I've sent a message to PayPal. The last error message I received was about my payment type. Changed the CC on file and still does not work!!!!

Lawd!!!!!

If I can't use my account for purchases, serves no purpose.

Awaiting response from PayPal to my "help" request.

Edited by sk84fungirl

Had a very difficult time with PayPal.......it finally took, but NO $15 discount....was charged the full $75 for a $25 + $50 gift card.....aarrrgghhh!! Very frustrated and don't know how you guys got it to work any differently :confused::mad::(

Had a very difficult time with PayPal.......it finally took, but NO $15 discount....was charged the full $75 for a $25 + $50 gift card.....aarrrgghhh!! Very frustrated and don't know how you guys got it to work any differently :confused::mad::(

You had to enter the code in the coupons and discounts section. Try calling PayPal and see if they will adjust it for you.

If your transaction was after 6:00 p.m. ET, the sale was over I do believe. That could be the problem.

Really?!!! Wow! How did you find out the location?

I haven't figure out my challenge yet. It's something with PayPal I bet. just not sure what

I logged completely out of eBay then went directly to my PayPal account. When I attempted to login it gave me a security warning that someone in France might be attempting to access my account. Had to go through some security steps and change my password [emoji45]