Fine, I'll Try a Small Ship - Live GRANDEUR Review (July 2, 2016)

Do they sell the 10 drink card on the Grandeur? I got the drink package for my wife and I got the soda package. I would like to have a drink now and then and thought it would be nice if they had the drink card.

Do they sell the 10 drink card on the Grandeur? I got the drink package for my wife and I got the soda package. I would like to have a drink now and then and thought it would be nice if they had the drink card.

I have not seen it. I have been looking too. If they do sell it I will buy it in a heartbeat.

Does the Grandeur sway more than the larger ships due to its smaller size?

Not at all. I've barely noticed any movement.

On our Norwegian Escape cruise in February, we had the most movement I ever experienced on a ship. It wasn't bad, just bizarre considering the ship was brand new and the seas were relatively calm.

Dang, it's pouring in Bermuda! Are you going to pose on the webcam for us?

Ha. It just started about 10 minutes ago. We're huddled under our umbrella on the beach.

It was beautiful for 90 minutes or so until now

Dang, it's pouring in Bermuda! Are you going to pose on the webcam for us?

Ha. It just started about 10 minutes ago. We're huddled under our umbrella on the beach.

It was beautiful for 90 minutes or so until now

And just like that the sun is back. Whew. A big nasty cloud just passed over us.

I have read your live review for NCL Escape.... Love it and I do miss Del Rio (the rat). Haha

Even though, I will not sail on the Grandeur, I just love your reviews and funny candor. Thanks for taking me along on your adventures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The girl at the souvenir shop said they are waiting for the liquor license to be approved and that hopefully it will be by next week. A lot of good that does me.

Here is the new beach bar that I was looking forward to destroying:

0de8be14006a8122ba5c27a3334c16bc.jpg

I was so shooken up by that turn of events that I had to get a cheeseburger at the snack bar.

950fe366696287d24f830679f5a59c25.jpg

After I paid my bill, it was time to tip the staff for their excellent service. Maureen, where do you think I put my gratuities?

d5caa7c5909e48e46aa58b73f9101f53.jpg

3f5c883def59c7d9caf6e9c0f9a7a880.jpg

Thank you so much for your review, it's really great. We are going on the Grandeur in November (taking the train from NY to Baltimore) and can't wait. We've been on Sovereign (2x), Majesty, Monarch (2x), Explorer (3x), Mariner and Anthem. Did not really care for Anthem (not our cup of tea) and don't want to have to fly to FL for a cruise so Baltimore wins.

More from Horseshoe Bay. Chairs and umbrellas are a little pricey but worth it. Especially when it pours for 20 minutes!

About double the going rate in the Caribbean, but we noticed Bermuda in general is pricey.

There is no cost to use the beach at Horseshoe Bay. You just have to pay for loungers and umbrellas if you want them.

They have free wifi too. I tried periscoping but it wasn't strong enough.

Horseshoe Bay has been and is still my favorite beach that I have ever been to. Beautiful clear water, no rocks, no shells, no seaweed, and the pink sand is like walking on carpeting.