New to Celebrity, help :)

oskar95

Hi y'all!

We are looking at booking a 12 night Celebrity Cruise. This will be our first cruise with them and of course we are excited!

I was just wondering if you would be so kind a let me know of anything relevant info for new Celebrity cruises, and maybe the differences between NCL and Celebrity? Especially entertainement bc NCL rocks the seas with their shows and such. How are the options for entertainement on Celeb?

We will be cruising with the CONSTELLATION, if anyone has a few tips for the ship I'd be very happy to hear.

Also, please copy the link to any threads here that you think will be relevant

THANK YOU! :):)

I have cruised with both lines and will be on the Constellation in the fall. They are VERY different.

NCL is more of a glitzy cruise line, with neon signs, etc. The food is good, not great. The entertainment was better than celebrity. My sons (early 20's) prefer NCL for the nightlife.

I prefer the elegant ambience of celebrity. The food is better and now with select dining and casual chic dress code, it is a nicer holiday experience...for me.

Honestly, it basically comes down to what one enjoys doing on their holiday.

We enjoy both lines but do find them very different. NCL is known for great and varied entertainment and a lively, energetic atmosphere. You won't find that on Celebrity, which aims for a quieter, more sedate and elegant experience. There will be a nightly show in the theater and music in a couple of the lounges, once in awhile a movie, but the emphasis is more on good food and cocktails and enjoying the company of your cruising companions. Also, dress code is followed pretty closely on Celebrity, although Evening Chic has replaced formal nights so you no longer need to bother with suits/ties/fancy gowns. On NCL, we have found basically no dress code except in a couple of restaurants, so this will be a change for you.

The M class ships, of which the Constellation is one, are our favorites, but very very different than NCL. The Solarium, which is adults only, has a thalassotherapy pool which is one of our favorite spots on the ship. Another favorite spot is the Aqua Spa cafe located in the Solarium. Cafe al Bacio has the best coffee drinks, for a charge (the snacks are free) and will have live music at different times of the day. They also serve wine. The back of the buffet is a panini grill with other sandwiches and soups. At night they will custom grill chicken, steaks and salmon, and right around the corner is the pizza. We usually dine one night there and carry it out to the Sunset Bar to dine al fresco. Of course you can always take anything else out there from the buffet but a lot of people are unaware of the grilling station. You see the ship's officers eating there at night. The ice cream in the buffet is hand scooped and free with lots of toppings.

We sailed on NCL six times, after the last cruise, said never again. Food was awful except in Le Bistro and Cagneys, service abysmal. However, the entertainment does outshine Celebrity. Food was excellent on our cruise with Celebrity, but we stayed in an AQ cabin with access to Blu. At night, we went to the main show, all were decent. Wish they had a piano lounge, the lounge performers were a little on the quiet side.

We've sailed both NCL & Celebrity. As everyone has said, they are definitely different.

NCL - A lot more energy & nightlife. If you have the Ultimate Dining Package & Always eat in the Specialty Restaurants - the food is Great. We will no longer eat in the main dining rooms of NCL & rarely the buffets. NCL has some great itineraries. When we cruise w/ NCL - we purchase the Ultimate Dining Package - this is a must for us & really enjoy our evenings.

Celebrity - Quieter & very relaxed. Food is great in the MDR - we have never had a bad meal. We always think we'll try the Specialties - but because we end up enjoying the food, our table companions (Traditional Dining) & the service team - we don't venture to the Specialties. Celebrity also has unique itineraries.

We will cruise on either line & also Princess. We usually are seeking out different itineraries & "value" in the cruise. We had 12 days on the Connie this past Spring Rome to Venice - it was a great trip & ship. We have another cruise coming up on the Connie next March. Any day @ sea is a Great Day!! Enjoy your cruise...