Carnival Airport Transport Seattle

Does the airport transport just include driving you and a huge group of people to the airport or does Carnival transfer your luggage for you? If we have to wait to pick up luggage when we get off the ship then haul it to the Carnival shuttle ourselves, wait for the vehicle to fill up, and then haul the luggage to the airport check in counter I'm not sure I am seeing where the value is.

We have used the Carnival transfer from ship to the airport in other cities. In those cases, Carnival took our big bags, which we left outside of the cabin the night before and transferred them directly to the bus in the morning.

This process may vary from location to location of course.

I've used Carnival transfers before and we've always been responsible to take our luggage to the bus coming and going. Just a suggestion for SeaTac, the buses pick up way at the far end of the terminal. Use a porter to lug your bags, you'll appreciate it. Maybe the previous poster was referencing the program where you set your bags out the night before and they are taken to the airport and checked thru to your final destination which I believe has been eliminated and wasn't available for all airlines or home ports.

The ones I've done all had me take my luggage from place to place. I may have been lucky but I've never had to wait more than 15 minutes for them to "fill up" enough to leave. The only value of them though is the convenience of literally not having to call or find a taxi/uber/whatever as a lot of options are cheaper.

Does the airport transport just include driving you and a huge group of people to the airport or does Carnival transfer your luggage for you? If we have to wait to pick up luggage when we get off the ship then haul it to the Carnival shuttle ourselves, wait for the vehicle to fill up, and then haul the luggage to the airport check in counter I'm not sure I am seeing where the value is.

I did Carnival transfers both ways in Seattle in June. You can do self assist debarkation and carry your own luggage off or you can leave your bags out in the hall the last night of the cruise and then pick them up the next morning in the terminal. Either way though, you take your own bags to the bus after going through customs with them.

The ride through Seattle on the bus is pretty interesting and both ways I had a really great driver that talked the whole ride with info about the area. And it is a pretty long ride too. A taxi would be very expensive.

Edited by winddawn

We have used the Carnival transfer from ship to the airport in other cities. In those cases, Carnival took our big bags, which we left outside of the cabin the night before and transferred them directly to the bus in the morning.

This process may vary from location to location of course.

Please disregard my original post as the situation for Seattle has been clarified and corrected by 2 other posters.

Hi there

You do have to pick up your luggage because you have to go through customs on arrival when you give the officer your customs declaration.

There is very little benefit to using any cruise lines transport to or from the cruise port for most port. Shuttles or taxi are almost always a better option.

In Seattle the taxi were coming at a steady pace after our cruise. It did take about 15 min. to get into one because of such a long line of people, but it was orderly. We were going to a Seattle hotel, so we didn't take the taxi to the airport, but I believe it would run about $45 + tip. I don't think they have a flat fare.

The west coast departure threads can give you all the options available.

hope this helps

have a great cruise