Song Choices

Hi angel kisses! We have a lot of discussion. I know my bridal party and I are walking up to Christina Perris A Thousand Years. We are still discussing first dance but I'm loving Jason Mraz's "I Won't Give Up." The rest I have no Idea....

My husband and I are an older couple with adult children and we like pretty much all music so our music selection was all over the place.

Our attendants were our adult daughters and their husbands, and they walked in to Compass by Lady Antebellum.

I walked in to Thousand Years by Christina Perri.

We walked out to You Make My Dreams Come True by Hall and Oats.

Grand Entrance was to Ever After by Carrie Underwood

First dance was to Love Song by Adele

Last song was Love Boat Theme (we kept teasing our girls and telling them we were going to make Afternoon Delight our final song....LOL...my hubby has a wicked sense of humor and the girls were appalled).

Anyway, as you can see we were all over the place with our music choices. There are just so many good songs out there it's hard to choose, or even choose just one genre. What can I say? Both of our daughters talked extensively about our "quirkiness" in their toasts.

Hi angel kisses! We have a lot of discussion. I know my bridal party and I are walking up to Christina Perris A Thousand Years. We are still discussing first dance but I'm loving Jason Mraz's "I Won't Give Up." The rest I have no Idea....

When is your wedding? Are you walking in with the Bridal Party, typically you have a song all to yourself. Thousand Years is a great choice. Be sure to check out the Piano Guys version for an awesome instrumental of Thousand Years.

My husband and I are an older couple with adult children and we like pretty much all music so our music selection was all over the place.

Our attendants were our adult daughters and their husbands, and they walked in to Compass by Lady Antebellum.

I walked in to Thousand Years by Christina Perri.

We walked out to You Make My Dreams Come True by Hall and Oats.

Grand Entrance was to Ever After by Carrie Underwood

First dance was to Love Song by Adele

Last song was Love Boat Theme (we kept teasing our girls and telling them we were going to make Afternoon Delight our final song....LOL...my hubby has a wicked sense of humor and the girls were appalled).

Anyway, as you can see we were all over the place with our music choices. There are just so many good songs out there it's hard to choose, or even choose just one genre. What can I say? Both of our daughters talked extensively about our "quirkiness" in their toasts.

Great choices. On the weekends my fiancee and I are wedding DJ's. The Hall and Oates song is one of my favorite recessionals ... upbeat, fun and gets everyone ready to celebrate. We have probably done about 60 weddings and my guess would be at least 40 of those have used Thousand Years as the Bridal March both the Christina Perry version and the Piano Guys. Funny how we are great at recommending songs for our brides but now that its time to plan our own we keep disagreeing. LOL I would love to find Sea of Love in an instrumental version preferably ukulele but so far no luck. For our recessional we were also thinking of You Make My Dreams Come True but we also like Michael Franti "Say Hey".

Processional- "The Jurassic Theme" by the Piano Guys

Recessional- "Life's a Happy Song (Reprise)" from the Muppets Movie

Entrance/First dance- We are thinking of being introduced with our first dance song since it is kind of long. Is that a viable option? "Come to Me" by the Goo Goo Dolls

Parent dance- "93 Million Miles" by Jason Mraz

Love the Piano Guys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For the procession: Canon in D (very traditional and I love it)

For the recession: I Choose You by Sara Barielles

Reception Entrance: Happy by Pharrel

First Dance: Let's Stay Together by Al Green (our song)

Last Dance: Tiny Dancer by Elton John

Processional- "The Jurassic Theme" by the Piano Guys

Recessional- "Life's a Happy Song (Reprise)" from the Muppets Movie

Entrance/First dance- We are thinking of being introduced with our first dance song since it is kind of long. Is that a viable option? "Come to Me" by the Goo Goo Dolls

Parent dance- "93 Million Miles" by Jason Mraz

Love the Piano Guys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How many people are being introduced during your grand entrance? If just you and your husband that should work out great. If you have a large bridal party may want to have two separate songs, one for the grand entrance and another for your first dance. If you are having a dj they should be able to fade out your first dance at a good place to shorten it. At the weddings we direct and dj we typically go right into the first dance after grand entrance. The bridal party will stand on the outside of the dance floor but not so that it will block the guest view from watched mg first dance. Love your song choices.

This is such a great topic! I have most of my songs pinned down but on the fence as to what order I should included them. Maybe you ladies can make some suggestions...

The wedding party will enter to: In Your Eyes (cover) by Sara Barielles

I will enter to: I Choose You by Sara Barielles

First Dance: A Song For You by Donny Hathaway

Dance with my mom: Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion

As for the recessional, reception entrance, and last dance I like the following songs I just don't know where each should be...

Crazy in Love by Beyonce

For Once In My Life by Stevie Wonder

Got To Be Real by Cheryl Lynn

We're still deciding on some, but here's where we are so far:

Walking down the aisle (myself and the rest of the party): "Dog Days Are Over" - Florence and the Machine

First dance: "Shut Up and Dance" - Walk the Moon

Groom/mother dance: "Humble and Kind" - Tim McGraw

Still up in discussion, but leaning toward:

Grand Entrance: "Everything is Awesome" from The Lego Movie.

Bride/father dance: Still deciding, but I'm thinking "The Riddle" by Five for Fighting

I've got no idea what to walk back down the aisle to. I'm sure it will be cheesy though.

Walking down the aisle (myself and the rest of the party): "Dog Days Are Over" - Florence and the Machine

Bride/father dance: Still deciding, but I'm thinking "The Riddle" by Five for Fighting

I've got no idea what to walk back down the aisle to. I'm sure it will be cheesy though.

You have chosen on of my current favorites, "Humble and Kind", in fact a bride that we DJ'd for last weekend actually used this for the Mother/Groom dance.

This is such a great topic! I have most of my songs pinned down but on the fence as to what order I should included them. Maybe you ladies can make some suggestions...

The wedding party will enter to: In Your Eyes (cover) by Sara Barielles

I will enter to: I Choose You by Sara Barielles

First Dance: A Song For You by Donny Hathaway

Dance with my mom: Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion

As for the recessional, reception entrance, and last dance I like the following songs I just don't know where each should be...

Crazy in Love by Beyonce

For Once In My Life by Stevie Wonder

Got To Be Real by Cheryl Lynn

I will give you my opinion and also discussed with one of our DJs who agreed with me.

Recessional - For Once in My Life

Grand Entrance - Crazy In Love

Last Dance - Got to Be Real

Crazy in Love is a great grand entrance song, gets everyone pumped up and ready for dancing.

You have chosen on of my current favorites, "Humble and Kind", in fact a bride that we DJ'd for last weekend actually used this for the Mother/Groom dance.

It's such a good song, and the last time we saw her, my fiance's mother played it and said it made her think of him and his siblings.

Florence will be so pretty! She is my favorite artist and I'm trying to figure out which song of hers I want to incorporate into our wedding...I'm currently thinking Cosmic Love as that is my favorite.

Florence will be so pretty! She is my favorite artist and I'm trying to figure out which song of hers I want to incorporate into our wedding...I'm currently thinking Cosmic Love as that is my favorite.

Ooh, Cosmic Love is such a good choice!

• 2 weeks later...

We have picked out acoustic guitar covers of film scores for our ceremony.

Wedding party entrance: Kelly Valleau playing the Jurassic Park theme

Bridal procession: Matthew Lister playing Storybook Love (from The Princess Bride)

Recessional: Eddie van der Meer playing the Pirates of the Caribbean theme

Document signing: Meine Meinung playing A Town with an Ocean View (From Kiki's Delivery Service)

We're not big dancers and have only 16 guests, so we opted for a pianist instead of a DJ during the cocktail reception. The group coordinator is supposed to go over what songs they can play once we're on board.

We have picked out acoustic guitar covers of film scores for our ceremony.

Wedding party entrance: Kelly Valleau playing the Jurassic Park theme

Bridal procession: Matthew Lister playing Storybook Love (from The Princess Bride)

Recessional: Eddie van der Meer playing the Pirates of the Caribbean theme

Document signing: Meine Meinung playing A Town with an Ocean View (From Kiki's Delivery Service)

We're not big dancers and have only 16 guests, so we opted for a pianist instead of a DJ during the cocktail reception. The group coordinator is supposed to go over what songs they can play once we're on board.

I love your theme music!

When is your wedding? Are you walking in with the Bridal Party, typically you have a song all to yourself. Thousand Years is a great choice. Be sure to check out the Piano Guys version for an awesome instrumental of Thousand Years.

Hey hey....I actually had a friend who is a DJ edit the song for me a bit to combine the first verse and the second longer chorus and am not having my own song. When she sings "One step closer" I should be walking up to the end of the aisle and i walk in on the chorus.... thats the plan anyway :)

My husband and I are ballroom dancers... So our song choices reflect that.

1. Ceremony: "Canon in D"

2. Grand entrance: "I Love You" by Micheal Franti & Spearhead

3. First dance: "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls